Xenique.com

Nope, figured two things.

#1, if it's down on accident, she's busy trying to get it working.

#2, if it's down on purpose, she probably wouldn't want to reply.

And I guess there's a number three. Someone else might actually have the answer and reply with it, before Kim would. I'm not looking for conspiracy theories or whatever, just want to know if there's a legit problem, it's gone or what.

Nope, figured two things.

#1, if it's down on accident, she's busy trying to get it working.

#2, if it's down on purpose, she probably wouldn't want to reply.

And I guess there's a number three. Someone else might actually have the answer and reply with it, before Kim would. I'm not looking for conspiracy theories or whatever, just want to know if there's a legit problem, it's gone or what.
#2 - I doubt anyone would purposely take down a site without putting a splash screen up.

I don't think it was on purpose both kim and david were busy with their custom jobs . Last few days xenique has been going up and down .

One of the ISP's for the data center was doing maintenance, and managed to screw things up.

It was only suppose to be down for a few hours yesterday, but obviously they're less skilled than the interns I train each year, so god knows how long this will take them.

One of the ISP's for the data center was doing maintenance, and managed to screw things up.

It was only suppose to be down for a few hours yesterday, but obviously they're less skilled than the interns I train each year, so god knows how long this will take them.

Thanks for the update Forsaken!

Thanks for answering David.

This is Frustrating I know, apologies to all affected, unfortunately it is out of our hands, but our host is doing all he can to resolve it.

You can still contact me or David here or via email, twitter or IM, if you need to urgently.

According to the host, the reason for the downtime is a cracked fiber line to the DC that has taken down everything but his backup line (Reserved for priority clients like government and critical system).

The reason for the long downtime is the ground is frozen solid and they need to dig 15ft to reach the line.

Looks like you guys need a new host. (y)
The issue isn't the host, the issue is with AT&T and them cutting corners when they install fiber.

They were sued a few years ago for the same thing in California where they install the fiber too close to the surface in areas where it gets colder than the norm (Big Bear for example), which causes issues.

15ft = not low enough for temperatures that are below freezing generally.

Like I said. Since AT&T isn't really a server host, it's not really recommended for those who want to host a website... In another post I said that it would not be an ideal tactic to go with an "all in one" solution, it's better to go with a company that has expertise with website hosting. I didn't say it, but implied it.

Same is true for AT&T, they're not known for server hosting, as in website hosting. That belongs to the likes of Softlayer, or bigger companies than Softlayer. Your site is better suited for a webhosting site than a network that handles iphone and other ipad products, the problem you're having here is that your server is overloaded with traffic from iphone/ipad users.

Carlos, the host isn't AT&T, they are the fiber provider much like they are for a good portion of the country. You really should slow down and comprehend what is written before responding. :rolleyes:

Like I said. Since AT&T isn't really a server host, it's not really recommended for those who want to host a website... In another post I said that it would not be an ideal tactic to go with an "all in one" solution, it's better to go with a company that has expertise with website hosting. I didn't say it, but implied it.

Same is true for AT&T, they're not known for server hosting, as in website hosting. That belongs to the likes of Softlayer, or bigger companies than Softlayer. Your site is better suited for a webhosting site than a network that handles iphone and other ipad products, the problem you're having here is that your server is overloaded with traffic from iphone/ipad users.

Carlos,

You obviously have a problem comprehending what the true issue is. It's a fiber optic line that cracked due to freezing or below freezing temperatures.
This has absolutely nothing to do with AT&T's mobile services.

I read AT&T, and I assumed that the company behind the... let me put it this way, "server" host. The thing is, AT&T is a huge company. They should be able to handle this traffic. REGARDLESS of the connection. However, they're not expert at website hosting. They're experts at mobile hosting. You see where I'm going?

The way that I see it, is that AT&T sees everything like from hosting, to mobile hosting, so it's like a single line.

Top Bottom