Xenique.com

Carlos, the host isn't AT&T, they are the fiber provider much like they are for a good portion of the country. You really should slow down and comprehend what is written before responding. :rolleyes:
Jon - you type faster than I do. Although I will say that I was trying to word my thoughts appropriately as not to offend anyone.
I tend to offend folks when I just jump out and type exactly what I think.. HAHA

I read AT&T, and I assumed that the company behind the... let me put it this way, "server" host. The thing is, AT&T is a huge company. They should be able to handle this traffic. REGARDLESS of the connection. However, they're not expert at website hosting. They're experts at mobile hosting. You see where I'm going?
AT&T are experts is several fields. The mobile market is but one layer of a multifaceted layer of services they provide and are experts of.

AT&T is not a hosting company. They are responsible for the laying of and installation of fiber optic cabling in certain parts of the states. Other companies are also responsible for the laying of and installation of fiber optic cabling.

Hm. Okay. Sorry everyone. I'm wrong here. :(

This shows that I can be wrong, and I can admit it.

Once again, I'm sorry. I have my faults.

Our data centers screwed the router up on our servers as well and we had half of our traffic coming in and the others getting a 404. It was terrible.

Thanks for answering David.

This is Frustrating I know, apologies to all affected, unfortunately it is out of our hands, but our host is doing all he can to resolve it.

You can still contact me or David here or via email, twitter or IM, if you need to urgently.

Email sent.

oh, damn I hope it's up again soon - I'm looking for some good skins soon.

People say offshore hosting is a bad idea.

I like to think it's a wonderful idea as issues like this never happen from my experience. If ISP 1 has issues, host simply presses 1 button and they can pick from ISP 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

I would think though you do need a new host. Unless ATT is the one who owns the servers... And I may have missed that from skimming this thread.... It should not have affected the content on your host.

People say offshore hosting is a bad idea.

I like to think it's a wonderful idea as issues like this never happen from my experience. If ISP 1 has issues, host simply presses 1 button and they can pick from ISP 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

I would think though you do need a new host. Unless ATT is the one who owns the servers... And I may have missed that from skimming this thread.... It should not have affected the content on your host.
AT&T is the one that supplies and installed the fiber line for the data center (Just went up this year), and they didn't install the fiber correctly (Didn't take into account that temperatures get below zero in the winter) and it was too close to the surface which caused it to crack, resulting in all but critical system being offline. Because of the ground being frozen they were also unable to access the line for a number of days.

They've got the data center back up, the issue is now that they're having to repair all the issues that came about due to it going offline suddenly, and the amount of time it was offline.

We're going to use the latest backup we have tomorrow to setup a temporary site before the host can get us the information before the crash.

We're going to use the latest backup we have tomorrow to setup a temporary site before the host can get us the information before the crash.
I'm not following... if the cause of the outage was a loss of communications to/from the data center (because of the fiber line) how would that have affected the servers necessitating a restore?

I'm not following... if the cause of the outage was a loss of communications to/from the data center (because of the fiber line) how would that have affected the servers necessitating a restore?
SQL (And cPanel) is finicky when there is no connection, and those are the issues that are being fixed.

Top Bottom