Xenforo won

jauburn

I've stepped back.

I've compared the xenforo experience to the other forum software out there.

I don't like some things about xenforo. I don't care for the editor. But the editor in other forum packages is as bad or worse.

Beyond that, though, the forum experience with xenforo is better. The technology is slicker. You use the other forum software, and you miss the "like" link. You miss the conversation stuff. You miss the ooze of the forum posting.

From this user's perspective, this one wins.

Congratulations. I bet I'm not alone in my conclusions.

This one works. Going back to the "other" forum software just feels clunky by comparison. Starting a new forum? I'm not sure why I'd choose the other software. The experience is clunky, old-fashioned.

You did it. Whoever is behind this software, for now, you did it.

Keep going. Give us an editor that works for all uses. Give us a print view of threads. Keep going.

Last edited:
Anyways, we've digressed.

You absolutely made the right choice with XenForo. It's got the most promising future, a very helpful community, and a dedicated staff. Welcome aboard.

I actually love the redactor. I love the changes IPB made to the ckeditor in 3.X, but they are switching to redactor as will in 4. I think its the best editor out there right now and a great choice. But I agree with the rest ;) :P

I actually love the redactor. I love the changes IPB made to the ckeditor in 3.X, but they are switching to redactor as will in 4. I think its the best editor out there right now and a great choice. But I agree with the rest ;) :p
From what I've read IPB will use CKE4, not redactor.

Edit: Andrej was faster than me.

Ah, my apologies. I just assumed from the icons in the screenshot, must not have read very well. Noticed that it looked just like XenForo's icon set.

If any of you can get those inkjet printers actually working, you have me beat! I have to take two more of them to the recyclers soon........

Someday a printer will be invented that works for those who only print here and there......I had a color laser, but the consumables were too dear. I think I should buy a cheapo B&W laser for the occasional piece which must be printed....

Top Bottom