XenForo with PHP 7.3

I ran it without issues on a test setup, but had problems with a couple of plugins after I installed them, so I'm running all my live sites on 7.2 for now.

1) It's still in beta and won't be stable until December so you shouldn't be running it on a live site.
2) We haven't had an opportunity to test it, yet. At some point we will either announce that a particular version is now PHP 7.3 compliant and/or update the recommended PHP version on the buy page: https://xenforo.com/buy/
3) As noted, XF adding compatibility (if it needs to) is only one hurdle. Add-on developers would need to test and verify their own code works with it too.

Everyone needs to look at being current in server tech otherwise devs don't have much pressure to update.

Everyone needs to look at being current in server tech otherwise devs don't have much pressure to update.
Well, I don't think Xenforo themselves have given the go-ahead for XF being PHP 7.3 compliant. I don't see 7.3 on the buy page yet. Also, for those using cpanel, I'm pretty sure that 7.3 won't be available to them until version 80, which won't be out till April (I think). Of course someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, I don't think Xenforo themselves have given the go-ahead for XF being PHP 7.3 compliant. I don't see 7.3 on the buy page yet. Also, for those using cpanel, I'm pretty sure that 7.3 won't be available to them until version 80, which won't be out till April (I think). Of course someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Understood and there is plenty of room for debate on the definitions of current and bleeding edge.

They kinda have:
Except that they also don't recommend you run XF 2.1 itself yet on a live site, and then there's the issue of addon's, of course. I'm gonna go ahead and switch to Cyberpanel next weekend, partly so I can try out PHP 7.3.1 on my XF2 site, so I guess I'll see what I see then....

Top Bottom