XF 2.0 xenForo Widget Positions - How can I set a widget to any other position than 'sidebar' and 'sidenav'?

CabCon

Hello guys,
I'm trying to apply a widget to forum_list_above_nodes in a Template HTML.

HTML:
<xf:h1 hidden="true" />

<xf:widget key="custom_new_threads" position="forum_list_above_nodes"/>

Unfortunately if I try to save the template:
Line 3: Unknown position 'forum_list_above_nodes'. Supported values are 'sidebar' and 'sidenav'.

How can I set a widget to any other position beside 'sidebar' and 'sidenav'?

Best regards,
CabCon.

Awesome, thankyou.

Is there a list of page node positions for widgets?

All the normal positions exist (above content, above breadcrumbs, etc). Then it's either in the page content or in the sidebar. If you enable dev mode you can see all the positions.

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 12.47.14.webp

Because it's all so flexible and there are different ways to do things, widgets can be a bit confusing at first.

All the normal positions exist (above content, above breadcrumbs, etc). Then it's either in the page content or in the sidebar. If you enable dev mode you can see all the positions.

View attachment 172990

Because it's all so flexible and there are different ways to do things, widgets can be a bit confusing at first.

1523205292448.webp

So I have an issue where I have used your suggested code to have a custom side bar, which I love
Unfortunately the way I want to style the page, it causes the sidebar to be above a transparent image on the side.

1523205379227.webp

I would like for the sidebar to somehow move down and have the game logo centered above both the content and side bar. How do I do that?

Top Bottom