XenForo vs Xen

MilesDB

I noticed people are choosing xen part for their domain naming.
xenfans.com
xenaddicts.com

Besides, Foro means forum. I envision XenForo becoming more than just forum. So, Foro slated to be outdated.

Xen is a catchy name and easy to remember. Competitors have short or abbreviated names: vB, IPB, PHPBB, MyBB. I think Xen would fit nicely in the line. :)

XenForo is in its infancy and name can be changed without harm right now.

What do you think?

xenforo is a trademark, and I respect that. If it isn't yet, it will be I am sure.
xenforofans.com is also too long, xenfans.com sounds nicer. And not conflicting.
I can it ex-ef in short, and zen-phoro, in long, during a voice conversation.

xenforo is a trademark, and I respect that. If it isn't yet, it will be I am sure.
xenforofans.com is also too long, xenfans.com sounds nicer. And not conflicting.
I can it ex-ef in short, and zen-phoro, in long, during a voice conversation.

I'm curious to see how you're going to integrate this one into your network. ;) :D

Chances of being able to acquire xen.com: Somewhere approaching absolute zero.

It's not a question of if, just a question of "how much". ;)

The fact that you won't be able to get around, however, is the fact that Xen is a registered trademark of the Xen hypervisor. Now, you're still in the UK so I don't know how that would work out, but I assume you can't just come out with a new product named "Xen" and expect to get away with it. :)

I'm curious to see how you're going to integrate this one into your network. ;) :D

The wetalk network is a tiered system.

Tier 0 is what runs directly under wetalk. Such as the currently vB powered sites that make up a community.
Tier 1 is what runs under wetalk's umbrella, while hooked in, run stand alone in their own property.
Tier 2 is what runs under the wetalk's umbrella, but not hooked in, such as the vbirc.com and xenfans.com communities.

Depending on how the future goes, we will tie things in, change them from tier 1 or tier 2 to tier 0.

OK xenforo is obviously a trademark and obviously none wants grab rights from here ... but, like vbulletin.de (they have a 301 onto their site), i think that the people that want to develop something for their countries (i mean translations and/or support in their idiom) it's not a bad idea ...who knows what's next?

and also i think that this gives to XF more business gates ... don't you?

note: i always thought the jelsoft have done a huge mistake when they had decided to leave some markets, like the italian, french and others ... but that's the mistery of the marketing ... :)

Top Bottom