Xenforo V vbulletin

Maxxamillion

I use to have a vbulletin forum a few years back but i have been apart of a community that uses xenforo and i really like it but im unsure as to whether i want to buy it for my clan site. Could someone inform me of some of the advantages to xen over vb thanks

I'm not sure if this discussion will be allowed but XF is FAR faster than VB. the latest version of VB's performance is awful.

I disagree with Brogan somewhat on that the demo won't necessarily show you that as VB is so heavily cached. I'd say real world experience is more useful there and everyone agrees VB is very bad performance wise.

I use to have a vbulletin forum a few years back but i have been apart of a community that uses xenforo and i really like it but im unsure as to whether i want to buy it for my clan site. Could someone inform me of some of the advantages to xen over vb thanks

It's Xenforo. Just buy it and be impressed :)

@Maxxamillion

XenForo is easy to use and easy for your members. But it also uses fewer resources and is overall faster loading, even for people still using dial-up (because not everyone has high speed). It's very easy to customize to your own personal needs & there is a wide range add-ons & styles. Of course there are also many developers eager to make anything custom work you may need, such as @Chris Deeming for example :)

@Adam Howard might help you set things up. He's done hundreds.

But I must stress, it is very easy and you can get advice setting it up here on the forums.

As Chris as pointed out, there are people here, such as myself who would be more than happy to convert you over should you feel you need the help or simply want a professional to do it for you. :)

@Maxxamillion

XenForo is easy to use and easy for your members. But it also uses fewer resources and is overall faster loading, even for people still using dial-up (because not everyone has high speed). It's very easy to customize to your own personal needs & there is a wide range add-ons & styles. Of course there are also many developers eager to make anything custom work you may need, such as @Chris Deeming for example :)

As Chris as pointed out, there are people here, such as myself who would be more than happy to convert you over should you feel you need the help or simply want a professional to do it for you. :)

People still use dial up?

thanks for all the advice, im just not very good with the main getting the site online part, my olf vb form i had a ton of help from my host who was great. But its been so long i just cant rememebr how to

thanks for all the advice, im just not very good with the main getting the site online part, my olf vb form i had a ton of help from my host who was great. But its been so long i just cant rememebr how to
No worries.

As you have already notice by now.... People here at XenForo are very helpful and filled with useful information, as well as quick to respond.

Should you decide to switch to XenForo, I will be more than happy to help convert your site from vBulletin to XenForo. :)

No worries.

As you have already notice by now.... People here at XenForo are very helpful and filled with useful information, as well as quick to respond.

Should you decide to switch to XenForo, I will be more than happy to help convert your site from vBulletin to XenForo. :)

thank you for the help however i wouldnt be converting as i took my site down a while ago and recently sold my vb licence :D

Top Bottom