1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo V vbulletin

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Maxxamillion, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Active Member

I use to have a vbulletin forum a few years back but i have been apart of a community that uses xenforo and i really like it but im unsure as to whether i want to buy it for my clan site. Could someone inform me of some of the advantages to xen over vb thanks
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Only you can make the decision as to which one is right for you.

Try the demo to get an idea of the back end and ACP.
    Puntocom likes this.
  3. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this discussion will be allowed but XF is FAR faster than VB. the latest version of VB's performance is awful.

I disagree with Brogan somewhat on that the demo won't necessarily show you that as VB is so heavily cached. I'd say real world experience is more useful there and everyone agrees VB is very bad performance wise.
  4. Maxxamillion

i just wasnt sure what features Xen had that would benefit a clan site, i know tons of things vb has that benefits myslef but im just not fond of their system
  5. Brogan

Hence why you need to try the demo.

Any functionality not in the core, which you require, would need to be provided via add-ons.
  6. Maxxamillion

is there a place i can view the add ons you provide
  7. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Click the 'Resources' tab on top of the page.
  8. Maxxamillion

just trying th demo and i must admit its is very easy to navigate in the admin pannel, much easier than expected
    Shyuan likes this.
  9. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

It's Xenforo. Just buy it and be impressed :)
  10. Maxxamillion

i on the fence about it as im not that great at setting it up dont really fancy paying an extra 50 just for someone to have it up for me
  11. Maxxamillion

do xen licenses run out?
  12. Brogan

13. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

@Adam Howard might help you set things up. He's done hundreds.

But I must stress, it is very easy and you can get advice setting it up here on the forums.
    Adam Howard, 0ptima and Neal like this.
  14. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Its easy to setup.
  15. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

XenForo is easy to use and easy for your members. But it also uses fewer resources and is overall faster loading, even for people still using dial-up (because not everyone has high speed). It's very easy to customize to your own personal needs & there is a wide range add-ons & styles. Of course there are also many developers eager to make anything custom work you may need, such as @Chris Deeming for example :)

As Chris as pointed out, there are people here, such as myself who would be more than happy to convert you over should you feel you need the help or simply want a professional to do it for you. :)
  16. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

People still use dial up?
  17. Adam Howard

You'd be surprised. There are parts in even America which do not have access to high speed internet.

But if you're lucky to have high speed.... Then XenForo is all the more faster.
  18. Maxxamillion

thanks for all the advice, im just not very good with the main getting the site online part, my olf vb form i had a ton of help from my host who was great. But its been so long i just cant rememebr how to
  19. Adam Howard

No worries.

As you have already notice by now.... People here at XenForo are very helpful and filled with useful information, as well as quick to respond.

Should you decide to switch to XenForo, I will be more than happy to help convert your site from vBulletin to XenForo. :)
  20. Maxxamillion

thank you for the help however i wouldnt be converting as i took my site down a while ago and recently sold my vb licence :D