Xenforo User Map [Deleted]

somehow I don't see any markers... what add on version do you use?

Version 1.1.0
Max location query 0

If i set to 400 then 400 marker will be visible.

The plugin works as it shows how many marker we have on total even on 0 setting, but the markers and the map does not display if i set higher then 400.

Very strange as this worked when i started to use the add on. But with the past version upgrades i lost the all markers map

Is there any way to restrict this to only the people who want to be on the map?
Have them not fill in their location?

It would be a nice option if they could elect to not be shown for privacy reasons... but since it's only generic to the city they input you can't get a good address. DigitalPoint's is at the other extreme. It can be fairly accurate.

Is it possible to disable the scroll wheel zooming? It's a bit of a pain if you use the mouse to scroll down screen, as soon as it gets to the map it starts zooming. If you want to keep scrolling on page, you have to move the mouse off the edge of the map. This is the same on a tablet/mobile, but more tricky to do.

My old member map had around 200 peeps who had to manually add themselves, but now we are showing 44 who have bothered to put a decent location in their profile!
upload_2015-1-3_10-21-34.webp

Is it possible to disable the scroll wheel zooming? It's a bit of a pain if you use the mouse to scroll down screen, as soon as it gets to the map it starts zooming. If you want to keep scrolling on page, you have to move the mouse off the edge of the map. This is the same on a tablet/mobile, but more tricky to do.

@Gazhyde, think I fixed this by modifying the modpedmap_index template and changing this
Code:
                        var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("mopedmap"), {
                                               center: new google.maps.LatLng({$xenOptions.MopedMap_lat}, {$xenOptions.MopedMap_lng}),
                                               zoom: {$xenOptions.MopedMap_zoom},
                                               mapTypeId: {$xenOptions.MopedMap_mapType}
to this
Code:
                        var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("mopedmap"), {
                                               center: new google.maps.LatLng({$xenOptions.MopedMap_lat}, {$xenOptions.MopedMap_lng}),
                                               zoom: {$xenOptions.MopedMap_zoom},
                                               mapTypeId: {$xenOptions.MopedMap_mapType},
                                               scrollwheel: false

Pay special attention to the scrollwheel:false.
The downfall is this totally disables the scrollwheel so you have to use the controls in the corner.

You may be able to use zoomControl: false instad of the other. I'm about to try that - and nope, that removes the zoom control in corner totally but mouse still zooms.

Last edited:
@localhost8080

Got the latest version installed.

I specified the usergroups I want the map to show to, and it shows to guests even though I didn't select it to show for them.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks @Tracy Perry that works fine for me on a desktop browser, but not on mobile. Did you try it on mobile on yours?
Nope... it may have to do with the difference in touch versus mouse detection. I'll see what I can find from Google's site for the maps development.

Try adding draggable:false in also. seems to work for my iphone and makes you have to use the controls in the map.

Ideally the add-on would be recoded to detect the browser type and disable the draggable feature if detected a phone/tablet device.

I'm not really good with jscript, but will see if I can massage that code to detect it and enable that option.

Last edited:
Is there a way to restrict the user mapping to a specific user group?
I need this to map business users only.

Top Bottom