Xenforo Upgrades

billybatz9

Hello,
I have been for countless days trying to choose between xenforo and IPB. I absolutely loveeee the feel for XF, much more than IPB.

But I love the variety of addons IPB has.... Like IP.nexus(subscriptions), IP.blogs, IP.gallery.and etc which xenforo does not. (However they are quite expensive, which makes me re-consider)

Does Xenforo have any future plans in creating any of the above listed add ons? I know there are special mods for blogs and supposedly someone is working on a gallery mod, but those are un-reliable as the developers can just one day leave....

With Xenforo coming out with these mods themselves, we will know for sure they are staying and will always be running smoothly.

Another thing I am needing that XF does not have, is a successful Wordpress bridge. Any plans for that too? Just know 20 % of all website owners, use Wordpress. With a bridge like that, your sales will sky rocket.

Please let me know, as I am really not wanting to spend all my hard earned money on that "money hungry" IPB community. For that, I am not liking them at all.

Besides, I love the XF community (:

Hello,
I have been for countless days trying to choose between xenforo and IPB. I absolutely loveeee the feel for XF, much more than IPB.

But I love the variety of addons IPB has.... Like IP.nexus(subscriptions), IP.blogs, IP.gallery.and etc which xenforo does not. (However they are quite expensive, which makes me re-consider)

Does Xenforo have any future plans in creating any of the above listed add ons? I know there are special mods for blogs and supposedly someone is working on a gallery mod, but those are un-reliable as the developers can just one day leave....

With Xenforo coming out with these mods themselves, we will know for sure they are staying and will always be running smoothly.

Another thing I am needing that XF does not have, is a successful Wordpress bridge. Any plans for that too? Just know 20 % of all website owners, use Wordpress. With a bridge like that, your sales will sky rocket.

Please let me know, as I am really not wanting to spend all my hard earned money on that "money hungry" IPB community. For that, I am not liking them at all.

Besides, I love the XF community :)

Last I saw, there were two wordpress bridge addons you can buy. One for $20 and one for $39.99. I own IPB and Xenforo licenses, and I promise you that if you go IPB, you won't be impressed at all.

I think details on possible future add-ons should be listed and should be announced. Because you will have people like me wait the short amount of time to buy xenforo (if the add-ons are coming out) rather then giving my business elsewhere. Regardless if the add-ons aren't coming out, you should still announce it.... Why?

Because if you announce it, and they are coming out with addons...
You have my business and hundreds of other peoples business. People will wait.

If you don't announce it and you tell people to buy a forum software based on what the software can do now...
you will lose some business because quite frankly, Xenforo is just a forum (very nice an user friendly forum), but just a forum with no special add ons like gallery, classifieds. And etc..

If you tell people that add-ons aren't coming out...
You will still lose some business but it will be the same as not telling anyone anything and you will save everyone the headaches.

Just my opinion.

Denis...
There are Wordpress bridges, but neither of them are what everyone truly desires.
First, they make Xenforo the master taking registrations, logins, logouts.

I want my users to be able to use both Wordpress and xenforo to register,login,logout.

Another thing, with xF-bridge... If you delete the mod from your site. (Everyone's passwords are now their emails) Huge security risk.

And since Xenforo is the master in both bridges, some Wordpress plugins are incapable of being put to use on your Wordpress site.

And since I am using a classifieds plugin because XF does not support one, I am unsure if the plugin will even work for the community. And my site needs a classifieds.

No offense to any of the Wordpress bridge creators. They are awesome mods and are great for everyone who uses Wordpress as their slave on their website. But I don't. I need Wordpress to be the main "master" of the site. I just wish users were copied on each others platforms (with password sync)

Hello,

Does Xenforo have any future plans in creating any of the above listed add ons?

There are at least 2 blog mods, I'm pretty sure there is a gallery and you can setup subscriptions in the default xf setup.

XenForo does not need a subscription add-on because it is built into the core.

The development has suggested at one time that they would look into the possibility of CMS, but not until they further along the development and features of XenForo. No ETA as to when and how far into development was given. But it is on their mind (last I knew). I would assume the only answer on when will be "when its ready".

From personal experience, I was an original XenForo user. But someone had convinced me that the grass was greener on the other side. So I left XenForo for IPB and purchased their add-ons; IP.Board, IP.Nexus, IP.Blogs, ect.... Today I am proudly using XenForo.

The grass on the other side was not greener. Nor was it friendly, supportive, stable, secure, or affordable from my experience.

Last I saw, there were two wordpress bridge addons you can buy. One for $20 and one for $39.99. I own IPB and Xenforo licenses, and I promise you that if you go IPB, you won't be impressed at all.

As @denisx04 is quoted as saying.... You will not be impressed with IPB. That is both my opinion and my experience.

Because if you announce it, and they are coming out with addons...
You have my business and hundreds of other peoples business. People will wait.
But what happens when the train comes off the tracks for the individual/s developing a given add-on? And trust me, it happens. Remember, pie-in-the-sky is just that, until you actually have something in your hands.

...because quite frankly, Xenforo is just a forum.
Rather like a Lamborghini is just a car, yes.

Take the time to set aside your disappointment about not getting a list of possible, future add-ons and hear what former IPB customers (of which I am one) are saying. Back in November 2011, I converted an IPB forum to XenForo, giving up IP.Content and IP.Gallery in the process. At the time, it looked like an individual was very close to releasing a gallery add-on that still has not been released. But I still have absolutely no regrets about converting to XenForo when I did. Well, other than wishing I had converted months earlier. ;)

As an ex-IPB (full suite) customer I too left several of the "extras" behind in the conversion to XenForo - but I've not regretted it for one second.

It has been a pleasure to use from day one; my members love, my staff love it, and I do too.

Do my members miss the "extras" - well no, quite the opposite, the lack of bells 'n' whistles got them focused back on the forums and we've never been busier.

If you are absolutely sure you need a "suite" product for your site then go with IPS - XenForo simply can't offer you that whole, homogenous package.

If you want (to my mind) the best forum product currently available - buy XenForo.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

PS. Both offer a demo - have you tried them?

Yes , I believe $2000 (from rumors) was given to the developer to create a galleries mod. And as of now, has not been created....But this is exactly what I am talking about.... Yes mods will be created by users, but what about stable, professional, and always updated mods created by xenforo? To many mods get abandoned by developers leaving all of us with a huge headache later on. The mod will only be updated for as long as the member uses xenforo, which could be a few days, months, years. Noone knows....
That is usally what happens. That is why Xenforo should come out with the big mods, not members. I am talking mainly about the big mods like users blogs, galleries, classifieds, and etc.

Xenforo is definitely a Lamborghini in the car world without a doubt. But it would be even nicer with some features, like nos, rims, and etc (if you know what I mean)
Lol

What if xenForo then decides to leave those official addons? It's very possible. Also, if they are announced, and then scrapped, people wouldn't be happy - which could also happen.

Why can't any of the forums be perfect :mad:

lol my opinion but i believe XF is as close as your gonna get anytime soon.. The biggest advantage as far as im concerned is that XF is modern, light, fast, dependable and engaging or simply put XF is rock solid... At the end of the day thats all any of our users really care about..

Top Bottom