Xenforo Upgrades

billybatz9

Hello,
I have been for countless days trying to choose between xenforo and IPB. I absolutely loveeee the feel for XF, much more than IPB.

But I love the variety of addons IPB has.... Like IP.nexus(subscriptions), IP.blogs, IP.gallery.and etc which xenforo does not. (However they are quite expensive, which makes me re-consider)

Does Xenforo have any future plans in creating any of the above listed add ons? I know there are special mods for blogs and supposedly someone is working on a gallery mod, but those are un-reliable as the developers can just one day leave....

With Xenforo coming out with these mods themselves, we will know for sure they are staying and will always be running smoothly.

Another thing I am needing that XF does not have, is a successful Wordpress bridge. Any plans for that too? Just know 20 % of all website owners, use Wordpress. With a bridge like that, your sales will sky rocket.

Please let me know, as I am really not wanting to spend all my hard earned money on that "money hungry" IPB community. For that, I am not liking them at all.

Besides, I love the XF community (:

So users will be able to register, login, logout from either platform?
And registrations will sync members into both platforms?

Is this what you guys are trying to do?

Yes. XenForo's authentication system is absolutely amazing and given proper code + definitions in the database, can authenticate using any other softwares password storage method.

Stupid question, but if I were to put xenforo on /forums of my Wordpress site would they both be on same server? Someone asked me if they were both on same server and I didn't know what to respond

Wordpress is some of the worst coding I've ever seen.

I'm assuming you mean the programming logic but I can add that the coding style can be a nightmare.

After much debate, I started reading the PHPDoc and PHP coding style suggested by the community of developers. Even Automatic doesn't follow the style in all of their plugins. But this isn't even a surprise because the PHPDoc sample code style does not match the WordPress suggestions. Heck, pear's sample file is even filled with inconsistencies.

This leaves the coding style up to the individual or a group of developers who come to some agreement. In the end, it's the readability to help debug the beast.

Coding style, logic, thought process, horrible mix of OOP/procedural, horrible templating system. Its just all around a crappy program.

Well, I can agree on the OOP/procedural mixing but all coding is new to me. I'm just getting away from cut-n-waste. :ROFLMAO:

On a good note (la, to follow ..), eclipse is a nice tool. Too bad my iMac is so messed up from MAMP, manual install attempts, etc that getting eclipse and ZendServer working is outside of my current energy level and interest. Windows 8 box it is ....

Back to reading Professional WordPress Plugin Development.

Top Bottom