XF 1.5 Xenforo Upgrade Video Tutorial?

craigbeckta

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a video tutorial showing how to upgrade Xenforo?

I am currently on version 1.5.2.

I could use a walk through...

The last time I managed to screw something up.

FTP challenged I guess.

Any video tutorials out there?

Thanks,

Craig Beckta

I'm not aware of one.

If you have cPanel, the easiest thing to do is to upload the .zip archive and extract it directly on the server.

Otherwise, unzip it on your computer and upload all of the folders and files using your FTP client (I recommend WinSCP), overwriting what is already on the server.

Then navigate to the /install path.

I tried a FTP upgrade before but it made a mess of things, not sure why.

What mess did it make? What Ftp Client did you use? Did you use FileZilla by any chance? If that was the case, I would advice you to stay away from it, as it is known to be a not reliable program. When you upload the forum files, make sure to upload them in the correct place and overwrite the older forum folders and files.

It would be useful if you could tell what issues you are running into, so we could help you. :) Unfortunately "it made a mess of things" isn't specific enough.

I have heard of others having issues with Transmit due to incorrect settings.

I don't use it personally but you may need to check the settings related to overwriting/merging.

I used Transmit.

I am also using an Audentio Theme and that might have been part of the reason.

I do not see how a custom style can get in a way of uploading files. But if you would post more details about the mess that it made, it would help us to understand better the problem.

Top Bottom