Resource icon

XenForo Updater 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
I get.

Server Error
This filter needs the zip extension

1. Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
  2. Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
  3. Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in LiamW/XenForoUpdater/Model/AutoUpdate.php at line 187
  4. LiamW_XenForoUpdater_Model_AutoUpdate->downloadAndCopy() in LiamW/XenForoUpdater/Extend/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 182
  5. LiamW_XenForoUpdater_Extend_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionUpdateStepUpdate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sportsho/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I see that the "Beta"prefix is not in the title anymore. Does this mean it's okay to use this now? :)

I've used it to update my live site multiple times now, and I believe others have used it.

I've had no reports of problems for a while, so I'm saying it's fine to use :)

Liam

1. Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 31
    XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationEntries() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 405
    XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationForDisplay() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 224
    XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 202
    XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 616
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/web/default.domain/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13
Got this error message, but it ended up working anyways and it completed the upgrade on a test site?

I am so not tech savy so this add on looks promising! My first experience updating xenforo was painful and I messed up many times lol.... I finally got my site how I wanted it ...quick question if I use this add on to update to the new version, will all my graphics, template changes and add ons disappear? :(

Just realize there's a minor problem if you use this and XenForo isn't in the root path. I'm working on localhost and wanted to be lazy so I used this add-on to update. After fetching all the files and everything, it sends me to /install/... rather than maintaining the directory it's installed in. I manually edited it and all was well but figured I'd point it out.

Suggestion: After X amount of days, purge the upgrade files from the internal_data folder.

Code:
[root@linode xf_update]# du -sh *
28M     121
5.8M    121.zip
28M     124
5.8M    124.zip
28M     126
5.8M    126.zip
1.4M    127
220K    127.zip

quick question if I use this add on to update to the new version, will all my graphics, template changes and add ons disappear? :(

Nope. All it does is download and copy the upgrade zip.

1. Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 31
    XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationEntries() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 405
    XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationForDisplay() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 224
    XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 202
    XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 616
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/web/default.domain/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13
Got this error message, but it ended up working anyways and it completed the upgrade on a test site?

What's the actual error message? That's just the stack trace.

Liam

Suggestion: After X amount of days, purge the upgrade files from the internal_data folder.

Code:
[root@linode xf_update]# du -sh *
28M     121
5.8M    121.zip
28M     124
5.8M    124.zip
28M     126
5.8M    126.zip
1.4M    127
220K    127.zip
Preferable with the option to keep the ZIP.

Liam W updated XenForo Updater with a new update entry:

Correct Redirect, Friendlier Errors, Auto Purge

This is version 1.1.2 - I didn't release 1.1.1 to the RM, but it is available as a 'release' on github.

Version 1.1.1 fixed the redirect to the updater. It now uses the board URL option, so make sure that is correct.

It also wrapped loads of method calls in try...catch blocks to catch exceptions, log them to the server error log with a friendly prefix, and allow a nice (albeit not very helpful) error message to be displayed.

Version 1.1.2 adds automatic purging of data, so your...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just updated all four of the xenforo products (core, RM, Media, ES) in less than 15 minutes without any screaming or cursing. When I told my wife that this new addon enabled a painless upgrade, she asked who the developer is so she could send him cookies.

Getting this when trying to update, currently running 1.4.6 trying to update to 1.5.1.

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method DOMText::getElementsByTagName() in /home/paranormal/public_html/library/LiamW/XenForoUpdater/Model/AutoUpdate.php on line 72

Have you tried it again? I had to run it twice on the XenGallery, but it went through fine the second time.

Top Bottom