Resource icon

XenForo Updater 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
It needs to be able to write out to the relevant areas, as specified in the additional requirements section
Where is this section? I would like to understand the exact file/dir permissions required, and how they might differ from XF default/recommended.

Where is this section? I would like to understand the exact file/dir permissions required, and how they might differ from XF default/recommended.

The resource info, however that's all it says :)

Basically, PHP needs to be able to write to your XenForo root directory, and all subdirectories inside it.

It really depends on how your server is setup - if PHP runs as the owner of the files (like with the CentminMod system), then restrictive file permissions will work, otherwise they'll have to be 777 (so that PHP can modify them).

If an automated add-on installer add-on works, this will as well.

Liam

Reactions: Xon
OK, I've added initial support for XFRM update, however I can't test it so I need either:
  • Someone to install this version on a test/dev site and tell me if it works
  • Someone to lend me access credentials for the customer area so I can test it
  • Someone to send me the $72 for an XFRM license (or multiple people)
So, if anyone can do any of those things, let me know :)

Liam

Using Update 5 but getting this error:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function opcache_invalidate() - library/LiamW/XenForoUpdater/Helper.php:51
Oluşturan: user, Az önce
Yığın Takibi

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Talep Yeri

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(64) "http://www.site.net/admin.php?tools/update-xenforo/step/update"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/update-xenforo/step/update"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["download_version_id"] => string(3) "120"
    ["cookies"] => string(45) "xfs_session=9c82b3041e562801fe843b1d42f2cb43;"
    ["license_id"] => string(10) "7F170E3B24"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Didn't try the FTP feature though.

Allowing php to overwrite all files in a webserver root is very, very dangerous and can lead into your site getting hacked badly. I would be careful installing this script.

There should be a FTP mode only version, which may be secure to install.

Last edited:
To anyone with a media gallery or enhanced search license:

What is the product ID? Hover over the download link, and tell me the content after the &d=.

For example, hovering over the 'Download Resource Manager' link might look like this:

https://xenforo.com/customers/download/?l=<license id>&d=xfresource

I need the 'xfresource' part (although it'll be different).

Liam

Top Bottom