Resource icon

XenForo Updater 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Get this error: An upgrade was found for a version of XenForo that is newer than the uploaded files. Please reupload all of the files for the new version and reload this page.

If I go to the homepage it lets me do the upgrade the normal way.

Get this error: An upgrade was found for a version of XenForo that is newer than the uploaded files. Please reupload all of the files for the new version and reload this page.

If I go to the homepage it lets me do the upgrade the normal way.

You mean when this add-on redirected you to the upgrade script you got the 'An upgrade was found for a version of XenForo that is newer than the uploaded files. Please reupload all of the files for the new version and reload this page.' error, but when you were redirected by the homepage it worked?

That could just be a random race condition due to files still being copied by the system.

Liam

You mean when this add-on redirected you to the upgrade script you got the 'An upgrade was found for a version of XenForo that is newer than the uploaded files. Please reupload all of the files for the new version and reload this page.' error, but when you were redirected by the homepage it worked?

That could just be a random race condition due to files still being copied by the system.

Liam

Correct

Might need to add a delay before the next step to avoid race condition? Just happened again on another site.

I know what the problem is. We have it set so that our cache isn't updated until ever x seconds with ZendOpcace. Maybe copy files over and then ask begin upgrade button instead of trying to do it automatically.

I get a permission error, probably because of my secure setup.

Code:
Server Error

copy(/home/.../domains/.../.../.../private_html/js/redactor/index.html): failed to open stream: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
copy() in LiamW/XenForoUpdater/Helper.php at line 29
LiamW_XenForoUpdater_Helper::recursiveCopy() in LiamW/XenForoUpdater/Helper.php at line 37
LiamW_XenForoUpdater_Helper::recursiveCopy() in LiamW/XenForoUpdater/Helper.php at line 37
LiamW_XenForoUpdater_Helper::recursiveCopy() in LiamW/XenForoUpdater/Extend/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 183
LiamW_XenForoUpdater_Extend_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionDoXenForoUpdateStep3() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/.../domains/.../.../.../private_html/admin.php at line 13

I get a permission error, probably because of my secure setup.

Code:
Server Error

copy(/home/.../domains/.../.../.../private_html/js/redactor/index.html): failed to open stream: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
copy() in LiamW/XenForoUpdater/Helper.php at line 29
LiamW_XenForoUpdater_Helper::recursiveCopy() in LiamW/XenForoUpdater/Extend/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 183
LiamW_XenForoUpdater_Extend_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionDoXenForoUpdateStep3() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/.../domains/.../.../.../private_html/admin.php at line 13

Yup, nothing this add-on can do. It needs to be able to write out to the relevant areas, as specified in the additional requirements section :)

Liam

Yup, nothing this add-on can do. It needs to be able to write out to the relevant areas, as specified in the additional requirements section :)

Liam

That's what I thought. I don't feel to make it less secure to use this add-on.
I'll keep doing it with CLI then.

Liam W updated XenForo Updater with a new update entry:

Bug Fix & Changes

Bugs
  • Fix error caused by having non-active licenses
Changes/New Features
  • The system will now try and match a license in the list to your site. It does this by checking to see if the license name is contained anywhere in the board title option.
  • If you're not running a beta version, the version selected by default when downloading from the xenforo site will now also be selected by default when using this add-on.
Other...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom