XenForo training by XenForo?

jtbpilot

Purchased the software and have created my website outline.
What I'd like to do is purchase a three day class which covers the basics of the software. Have not found any formal training options available.

Having an instructor there to cover my website ideas with me, mainly its presentation - and receive suggestions and guidance to finish the site set up - is what I need. Anyone know of any training options? Thanks.

jtbpilot

I'd assume several offerers within https://xenforo.com/community/forums/third-party-services-offers.42/ would be happy to provide assistance with training.
Thank you for the suggestion, however I looked through that forum previous to my post. Many offers for services related to the set up or add on services. I'm looking for classroom, 2-day, 3-day courses that teach XenForo. Maybe a basic, then intermediate class. Not finding any third party company offering training.

Rhody

Between the detailed manual and this forum, there is a wealth of excellent information and timely advice.

For a $160 piece of software, I'm not sure that there is a need for a 3 day course that would cost thousands to produce or attend. It may exist, but I haven't seen it personally. (possibly at one of the trade shows, if so) There may be some experts here that you could probably pay to fly out and put up to work with you, or even remotely. There are a few good consultants on here, too.

Once installed, everything is in the admin console. You can also add third party add-ons from that console, if you wish to customize it beyond the default configuration. Colorization and customization is also in the admin console, or you could buy optional third party pre-made 'skins'. It may look overwhelming at first, but everything is there. Small steps :)

If you have questions, jump right in and ask. This is a community (and author) supported forum.

jtbpilot

Rhody; I agree with all you wrote and thank you for your suggestions.

Here's what I'm attempting to do.

Need to have a form, specifically an Entry form that members can click on, fill in the blanks, upload their pics, then hit enter.
The information would be entered in the forum selected and listed in alphabetical order (or sort order desired).

Here's an example; a form to enter car part data in the 'window and glass forum'.
Make of glass, model, tint color, thickness, application. Pics of glass uploaded to the form. Hit enter. Data is entered in the 'window and glass forum' as it was entered on the form with pics attached - as a new post. User can use the drop down arrow to select sort order, usually alphabetical.

Need to use a form like this in EACH forum, for data entry by the forum users.
Transmissions
Pumps and Hoses
Brakes
Body panels
Dashboard
etc,,,

Can I create this form using existing software or do I need an Add On - or a third-party utility.

Thank you for your help.

Rhody

Personally, I think you'd probably want to hire one of the third party developers to create this unique add on/database functionality for you. Resource Manager may partially do what you want, too. This is probably beyond what the manual or training would cover.

MOUTH's link above has some good ones to screen and talk with.

Good luck

Mouth

Here's an example; a form to enter car part data in the 'window and glass forum'.
Make of glass, model, tint color, thickness, application. Pics of glass uploaded to the form. Hit enter. Data is entered in the 'window and glass forum' as it was entered on the form with pics attached - as a new post. User can use the drop down arrow to select sort order, usually alphabetical.

Need to use a form like this in EACH forum, for data entry by the forum users.
Transmissions
Pumps and Hoses
Brakes
Body panels
Dashboard
etc,,,

Can I create this form using existing software or do I need an Add On - or a third-party utility.
Sounds like you need Showcase; https://xenforo.com/community/resou...gement-system-reviews-guides-garage-etc.1208/ and perhaps filtering for it too; https://xenforo.com/community/resources/showcase-filter-by-addonslab.7145/

Showcase compatible with xF 2 can be purchased from https://xenaddons.com/store-products/showcase/