XF 1.2 XenForo title and tagline

Jamie Dabrowiecki

Hi all,
This is my first time using XenForo, and I'm sorting out all of the basics for my upcoming forum.

I have my forum title set as 'Talk Battlefield' and the Board Meta Description set as 'Battlefield Discussion Forum'.

Although, what I want is for the homepage to display 'Talk Battlefield - Battlefield Discussion Forum' and for all other pages just to have 'Talk Battlefield' after the topic name/page title.

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try to elaborate.

Hi. I’m using XenForo 2. I’ve the same question but suggested change doesn’t help.

I wish to show “Forum Name – Tagline” in browser tab ONLY on Forum Homepage.

Presently if I update via board title, it shows across all threads etc. which I don’t want.

Anyone?

The equivalent in XenForo 2 is:
Code:
<xf:title>Talk Battlefield - Battlefield Discussion Forum</xf:title>
Thanks for response.

In the forum_list template, there's <xf:title>{{ phrase('forum_list') }}</xf:title> in 3rd line.

I replaced it with <xf:title>Forum Name Tagline</xf:title>

It still did nothing.

You need to replace that whole xf:if block, so instead of:
Code:
<xf:h1>{$xf.options.boardTitle}</xf:h1>
<xf:if is="{$xf.options.forumsDefaultPage} != 'forums'">
    <xf:title>{{ phrase('forum_list') }}</xf:title>
</xf:if>
it should be:
Code:
<xf:title>Forum Name Tagline</xf:title>

That block says only set the forum title to that on the foru list if it is NOT your forum homepage, which is not the case for you.

You need to replace that whole xf:if block, so instead of:
Code:
<xf:if is="{$xf.options.forumsDefaultPage} != 'forums'">
    <xf:title>{{ phrase('forum_list') }}</xf:title>
</xf:if>
it should be:
Code:
<xf:title>Forum Name Tagline</xf:title>

That block says only set the forum title to that on the foru list if it is NOT your forum homepage, which is not the case for you.
This worked to an extent. But the browser tab now shows:

Forum Name - Tagline | Forum Name

How to remove the repeated Forum Name that's showing at the end only on the homepage?

In PAGE_CONTAINER template you can replace:
Rich (BB code):
<title><xf:title formatter="%s | %s" fallback="{$xf.options.boardTitle}" page="{$pageNumber}" /></title>
with:
Code:
<title><xf:title formatter="%s" fallback="{$xf.options.boardTitle}" page="{$pageNumber}" /></title>

This will apply it to every page though.

I guess the other option is to remove your template edit above and replace the fallback:
Rich (BB code):
<title><xf:title formatter="%s | %s" fallback="Forum Name Tagline" page="{$pageNumber}" /></title>

Top Bottom