xenForo Support Staff?

Grover

Knowing that Mike&Kier develop it and even answer questions during development... who is going to support this product once it get's released?

One of the big benefits of vBulletin (you hear from many people) was/is the Support Department. How does this work with xenForo?

Grover, we are at least supporting it on xenfans.com unofficially via private ticket system and public support forums; with a staff of 5+ and volunteer users. And we're publicly providing support on this site where we can.

Grover, we are at least supporting it on xenfans.com unofficially via private ticket system and public support forums; with a staff of 5+ and volunteer users. And we're publicly providing support on this site where we can.

That is very kind and nobel and thank you very much for your efforts and help in this, but if I need to convert my professional sites in the future and pay a professional price for xenForo, I need and expect professional (not saying you guys are not professional, but you get my point) official support. I guess this goes for the majority of bussines customers.

Yep, experience and approach is what will make us professional, not official :) I understand what you mean. We're already taking this site serious (one of the reasons I post a lot is just to get experience with the usage and functions, terminology, etc). And discussing questions by users on Skype, etc.

I'll be here, hopefully, if I'm still alive, and I'll be more than happy to help.

Dude WTF? :eek:

F8I0t.png

Yep, experience and approach is what will make us professional, not official :) I understand what you mean. We're already taking this site serious (one of the reasons I post a lot is just to get experience with the usage and functions, terminology, etc). And discussing questions by users on Skype, etc.

Any idea when you're actually going to open it up? :)

That is very kind and nobel and thank you very much for your efforts and help in this, but if I need to convert my professional sites in the future and pay a professional price for xenForo, I need and expect professional (not saying you guys are not professional, but you get my point) official support. I guess this goes for the majority of bussines customers.

You will get both, Grover, I can assure you of that. There will be an official support staff here to answer any and all questions, I'm sure.

I think suicide discussions shouldn't be on forums in the first place. People with those thoughts need professional help, and while they can find comfort in friends, they're not professionals. Anyway, good luck with the RAF - be careful.

I think suicide discussions shouldn't be on forums in the first place. People with those thoughts need professional help, and while they can find comfort in friends, they're not professionals. Anyway, good luck with the RAF - be careful.

Thanks, and I agree.

PS, not on a suicide mission. I just don't want to kill myself with these damn things. PS, there's no internet where I am, and most likely, crappy reception, so no iPhone contact.

Back on topic please. :)

The support thing is something that we'll have to grow into. In the early vB days, most people were dual purposed between support and development. Whether that would work here depends on the uptake and the amount of support needed.

Obviously there's a lot of excitement, but it's very hard to gauge what will happen after we release.

Back on topic please. :)

The support thing is something that we'll have to grow into. In the early vB days, most people were dual purposed between support and development. Whether that would work here depends on the uptake and the amount of support needed.

Obviously there's a lot of excitement, but it's very hard to gauge what will happen after we release.

I do expect a massive uptake, and a couple of hundreds of orders, once the news about the product propagates.

Top Bottom