1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xenForo Support Staff?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Grover, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Knowing that Mike&Kier develop it and even answer questions during development... who is going to support this product once it get's released?

One of the big benefits of vBulletin (you hear from many people) was/is the Support Department. How does this work with xenForo?

2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I think they will add people as the project develops but not sure how they want to do it

Start small and expand
    or
    start with a full blown team and take this head on.

3. Floris

Floris Guest

Grover, we are at least supporting it on xenfans.com unofficially via private ticket system and public support forums; with a staff of 5+ and volunteer users. And we're publicly providing support on this site where we can.

4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Ill be here to help if anyone needs help.

5. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I'll be here, hopefully, if I'm still alive, and I'll be more than happy to help.

6. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

That is very kind and nobel and thank you very much for your efforts and help in this, but if I need to convert my professional sites in the future and pay a professional price for xenForo, I need and expect professional (not saying you guys are not professional, but you get my point) official support. I guess this goes for the majority of bussines customers.

7. Floris

Floris Guest

Yep, experience and approach is what will make us professional, not official :) I understand what you mean. We're already taking this site serious (one of the reasons I post a lot is just to get experience with the usage and functions, terminology, etc). And discussing questions by users on Skype, etc.

8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Dude WTF? :eek:

[​IMG]

9. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Any idea when you're actually going to open it up? :)

10. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

When he gets his hand on this software. It would be pretty ironic if he used vBulletin again for it.

11. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

oops, that status message was never meant to go through. To be clearer, I'll be playing with them [guns], a lot of rifles.

12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

You will get both, Grover, I can assure you of that. There will be an official support staff here to answer any and all questions, I'm sure.

13. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Ok, I was getting scared there for a second...

14. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

If I do feel suicidal, you'll probably know. I get a lot worse.

15. Floris

Floris Guest

I think suicide discussions shouldn't be on forums in the first place. People with those thoughts need professional help, and while they can find comfort in friends, they're not professionals. Anyway, good luck with the RAF - be careful.

Eriksrocks likes this.
  16. Floris

Floris Guest

Ha! No, it will be xenforo on xenfans.com. Don't worry.

17. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Thanks, and I agree.

PS, not on a suicide mission. I just don't want to kill myself with these damn things. PS, there's no internet where I am, and most likely, crappy reception, so no iPhone contact.

18. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Back on topic please. :)

The support thing is something that we'll have to grow into. In the early vB days, most people were dual purposed between support and development. Whether that would work here depends on the uptake and the amount of support needed.

Obviously there's a lot of excitement, but it's very hard to gauge what will happen after we release.

19. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I do expect a massive uptake, and a couple of hundreds of orders, once the news about the product propagates.

20. Floris

Floris Guest

Time will tell then :) Good luck with focussing on development!