Xenforo Support unable to ID their own CSS Elements?

Wing

This one is baffling to me. I simply posted this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/where-to-edit-the-color-of-this-message-editor-popup.215919/ to no response. Sure... thats fine, no biggie... I will simply just contact support right? (that is part of the perk of what we pay for right?). Should be easy to simply get the CSS element ID from them through the official channels.

tempsnip.webp

I receive a response back from Xenforo Support stating they are unable and I must seek answers from others here in the forum?
C'mon man. I am just requesting what the CSS element this is to target? Unfortunately I cannot inspect what element it is due to it being a hover only action - that once I go to select through Google chrome inspector, it disappears before I can grab the CSS element name. Why is Xenforo unable to simply tell me the CSS element ID of their own default style?

1692392957513.webp
What gives. Things dont need to be like this fellas. Lets get real here.

The submit a ticket form clearly states:

We cannot provide support for custom development or template customization questions. Please use the XenForo community forums instead.

It's a clearly stated policy so us not providing support in that area should not be a surprise.

(This has been the policy for pretty much the entire time we've been operating)

The submit a ticket form clearly states:

It's a clearly stated policy so us not providing support in that area should not be a surprise.

(This has been the policy for pretty much the entire time we've been operating)
Apologies, I did not think identifying an element in the default code counted towards this policy. 🤷‍♂️

Apologies, I did not think identifying an element in the default code counted towards this policy. 🤷‍♂️
I can see both sides of the coin (and if one knows me, I have no issues calling out what I see as "wrong")... the simplest (and most customer friendly) way of addressing it would have been as it was addressed in the very discussion thread you created by one of the XF developers themself.
I can see where detailed addressing of issues are outside the scope of normal support, but directing a user on how to find it themselves didn't take that much time.

Top Bottom