Add-on Xenforo Status Goes To Facebook Status and Twitter Status

DRE

I asked a coder if he could create an addon that makes your Xenforo status go straight to your Facebook and Twitter status. He told me that would be around £80-120 GBP and it may take two to three hours. I've paid for the development of several addons before but not one that was this expensive so if you would like to pitch in to get this made let me know.

I think one of the best way to promote a forum is through this status plugin. For example, say all a member needed to do was put their twitter or facebook account name in their Preferences in two boxes, that said 'Automatically Post Your Status to Facebook/Twitter?' So in Xenforo, their status would say 'Ugh, Feels like a Monday' but on Twitter and Facebook it would say 'Ugh, Feels like a Monday - Mary Jane via 8thos.com'

This already exisits doesn't it?
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xensocialize-pro-paid.33115/

Also another option - TwitterFeed (includes FB)
This addon request is not the same. This addon request is user specific, to their own FB or Twitter.

That other addon is something that you would do for your site's official twitter or FB account. Re-read that other addon's description:

'This add-on will automatically post tweets and status updates on your twitter account Facebook Page respectively when a user creates a new thread.'

For example, I'm currently doing something similar just using Feedburner: http://www.8thos.com/threads/put-hashtags-in-your-thread-titles-it-goes-to-8thos-twitter.17947/

So basically do what IPB does with statuses? Sounds like a good idea to me. If enough people pitch in I'll consider putting something into the pot too.

So basically do what IPB does with statuses? Sounds like a good idea to me. If enough people pitch in I'll consider putting something into the pot too.
Does IPB send it to both Twitter and Facebook?

I don't use facebook so I've never tried it but it certainly works with Twitter. It can go both ways too (if you sign up via Twitter and have enabled certain settings it pulls your latest tweet as your current status and uses your twitter account picture as your avatar and your twitter background for your profile background).

Top Bottom