XenForo - Special Price Day?

PET

Hello,

will there be any special day offer in the future like the Beta release day?
I run a Starcraft 2 website where I do casts, organize tournaments and I would really like a forum. However since we don't have any sponsors 140$ is a bit to high for us so ... that's why I'm asking.

Thanks

P.S. Would any of you like to sponsor a Starcraft 2 website that does commentaries, tournaments,... I even have a Starcraft 2 show. :)

Well don't try to get him to use something else! geeeeze...

PET, unless something changes from the above linked announcement, then no there will not be another sale. However, XenForo is well worth the $140 price tag.
I promise you'll love it!

Well don't try to get him to use something else! geeeeze...

PET, unless something changes from the above linked announcement, then no there will not be another sale. However, XenForo is well worth the $140 price tag.
I promise you'll love it!

Not yet it isn't - in my opinion of course ;)

As fun an interesting as XenForo is at the moment the value to price ratio is not worth the price. Maybe as time goes on and the feature list increases the value to price ratio will increase. Realistically it is a fantastic start for a piece of software. I really am following it closely but I am not going to base a business on it. It's a hobbiest toy at the moment with the potential to become a professional tool for real businesses.

You are of course free to form your own opinion.

MyBB and phpBB3 are excellent. Your knowledge of forum software is low.
Wordpress is free software and you've made a nice site with that !
Buddypress would give you a lite forum and a wiki.

Why exactly do you presume my forum knowledge is low just because I preffer to use a paied software because of the numeour advantages? I am using & administrating forums for over 9 years. Tested a lot of them and in the past, I only had problems with the free forums.

Wordpress is going to be changed anyway.

Why exactly do you presume my forum knowledge is low just because I prefer to use a paid software because of the numerous advantages?
phpBB3 would be a solid choice for you -- good value.

One reason why you should purchase xenforo is Jaxel's addons.
He's got a wiki, portal, events calendar.
a Tournament and Ladder are also planned.
Keep wordpress as your HomePage.

If $140 isn't expensive .... get xenforo.
There is almost a guarantee that there will be a phpBB3 to xenforo importer.
If your forums become super popular, upgrade to xenforo down the road.

I don't really like starting with a forum then upgrading it.

It's extra work. People don't like change. People get used to something and then BAM it's different.

About Wordpress, I will change it to Joomla. I don't like the limitations that Wordpress offer me. I know I can customize them but at the end, it will still be a blog.
At least with Joomla I have more menu options making my website look like a portal.

About Wordpress, I will change it to Joomla. I don't like the limitations that Wordpress offer me. I know I can customize them but at the end, it will still be a blog.

Wordpress is 'just a blog' only to those who don't know how to make full use of it's code base and the uninformed. ;)

I cloned yayeveryday.com right down to the 'like' function, registration page, custom editable user profile pages and nice ajax frontpage submission form that does images via timthumb bypassing the media uploader and every other feature it has, using only wordpress. The typical end user never sees the wp-admin, let alone has a clue what I use. Now that's hardly a blog :)

I used mambo/joomla etc back in the day, and ditched it once I figured out wordpress and how easy it is to do what you like with it. At the end of the day it's all just PHP and how you use it. I could never go back to joomla, :D I did... and found myself back on wordpress.org soon enough.

Besides, most of the stuff a cms can do, you bet there is a plugin that will replicate it. CMS Portals are not that complex underneath, (unless it's phpnuke lol) and wp themes suiting them are a dime a dozen now.

Wordpress is 'just a blog' only to those who don't know how to make full use of it's code base and the uninformed. ;)

I cloned yayeveryday.com right down to the 'like' function, registration page, custom editable user profile pages and nice ajax frontpage submission form that does images via timthumb bypassing the media uploader and every other feature it has, using only wordpress. The typical end user never sees the wp-admin, let alone has a clue what I use. Now that's hardly a blog :)

I used mambo/joomla etc back in the day, and ditched it once I figured out wordpress and how easy it is to do what you like with it. At the end of the day it's all just PHP and how you use it. I could never go back to joomla, :D I did... and found myself back on wordpress.org soon enough.

Besides, most of the stuff a cms can do, you bet there is a plugin that will replicate it. CMS Portals are not that complex underneath, (unless it's phpnuke lol) and wp themes suiting them are a dime a dozen now.

I don't really want to spent time coding PHP modifiing wordpress. I want to do this at templates level :)

Top Bottom