1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 xenForo sites on a touch screen PC

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Case, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Case

Case Active Member

This probably isn't a xenForo issue but wondering if anyone can help.

I've recently bought a new touch screen PC. As it's touch-screen, xenForo sites load with the body classes such as "responsive" etc. This causes the site to display a bit differently than it would on a normal desktop. One example being the node descriptions display under the node titles instead of appearing in the tooltip when you hover over them.

Is there anything I can do? Can I force sites to display as the regular desktop version?

2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Which model?

3. Case

Case Active Member

Dell inspiron 2350

I'd disable the touchscreen if that was an option tbh, I don't use it. I couldn't find any info on doing that though.

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why a 23" 1080p display would trigger Responsive. Responsive should only be triggered when the pixel width falls below 800px.

5. Case

Case Active Member

These are the classes I see here:

Code:
    class="Public NoJs LoggedIn Sidebar  Responsive"
    Using Chrome.

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Ignore the classes. It's just that we detect the touch screen and change things to handle it (such as disabling things that require hovering to see). There's no option to control this.

7. Case

Case Active Member

Must be a Chrome issue then. The site displays and behaves as it should in IE.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014