1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo Showcase

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by zkaraca, Mar 8, 2011.

1. zkaraca

zkaraca Member

Hi All,

I know we already have a Show Us Your XF! topic here but I just wanted to ask you if you would like to show your live XenForo site(s) on my site as well. Please take a look at the XenForo Showcase and add your site if you wish. To keep a good overview, please create a separate topic in the showcase for each site.

That's all. Thanks and have a nice day.

FredC likes this.
  2. Floris

Floris Guest

3. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

If that's the idea of that forum maybe you should let guests view image's might be a dam good start :)

4. zkaraca

zkaraca Member

Thanks for your reply Floris (even if it was sarcastic). The current topic here gets larger and larger and makes it "messy". I think that gathering comments for specific sites could be done better by creating this kind of showcase.
    Thanks for the suggestion Vodkaholic. Good point.

5. Floris

Floris Guest

I don't see the difference between a large topic with everybody posting their urls
    and this thread where everybody would be postinig their urls.

everybody wants to show case their board - so they all come here and post it again.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This thread isn't for posting URLs.

As per the opening post, members are being invited to register elsewhere and post their URLs.

Members are free to choose to do so or not.

Peggy likes this.
  7. zkaraca

zkaraca Member

@Floris
    I think you missed my point :) It's not a single thread where people can post their URL's like here.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

Ah, I see, it's to post on His web site. Not this thread. I get it.
    Yeh, that's the difference. I understand now.

9. zkaraca

zkaraca Member

Ah, glad to know you've got some receptive reading skills after all.

10. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

So this thread serves no purpose but to advertise your own site?

11. zkaraca

zkaraca Member

Of course it advertises my site but my main purpose was to create a place where people could show off their sites. Placing all links in a single topic is imo not a good overview because you probably want to know what people think of your site. If we create a separate topic for each site where people could respond to that specific site it would be easier to follow the feedback from others instead of spitting down one single thread. Before I created this thread here I asked Kier and Brogan if it would be allowed to do so because, in essence, it is promoting my site. I've got a positive feedback and after that I opened this thread.

12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The OP asked for permission to post this thread and it was given.
    No-one is being forced to register and post on their forum, or even read this thread.

It certainly isn't the first thread promoting a member's site.

Nasr and captainslater like this.
  13. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Gotcha, thank you for the clarification.

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Think of it as a links directory, of sorts. :)

When I have mine up and running, I'll definitely register. zkaraca

15. zkaraca

zkaraca Member

Thanks Peggy :) good luck with the site. Looking forward to it.