XF 1.5 XenForo sending delayed emails

Jazem

Whenever people want to sign up for my website, or need a 2FA code, or have a notification email from my website, they receive said email 5-10+ minutes after it is dispatched.

I use hostgator for web hosting, therefore my domains are also tied to it. My hostgator email (admin@cepheus.co) is successully forwarded to my gmail account (cepheus0001@gmail.com). In XenForo email settings, I have set the email https://gyazo.com/fc6a1c6dcdfb50bafd371a0f82c09740

Here is a header of one of the 2FA emails that was sent to me. This image shows delay times https://gyazo.com/514f24d37f5866cbb8fdb5dfd16b1651

After talking to HostGator, they said no problems were on their end, DNS and server status' were fine. Please help me troubleshoot this!

Here is a header of one of the 2FA emails that was sent to me. This image shows delay times https://gyazo.com/514f24d37f5866cbb8fdb5dfd16b1651
This screenshot shows that the delay happens after the initial send (which is from "jazem" to "gator4252.hostgator.com"), which is what XF triggers. The delay appears to when handing the mail from cm6.websitewelcome.com to gateway22.websitewelcome.com, so this would appear to be related to internal SMTP forwarding that's happening. That would really be down to your host's mail/SMTP configuration.

This screenshot shows that the delay happens after the initial send (which is from "jazem" to "gator4252.hostgator.com"), which is what XF triggers. The delay appears to when handing the mail from cm6.websitewelcome.com to gateway22.websitewelcome.com, so this would appear to be related to internal SMTP forwarding that's happening. That would really be down to your host's mail/SMTP configuration.
I figured it was something wrong with my host, but they say otherwise. I am stuck now, so I'll contact HostGator anyways in hope of a different answer.

Have you shown them that screenshot? It clearly shows where the delay is, so they should be able to look in their internal logs for more details.

Have you shown them that screenshot? It clearly shows where the delay is, so they should be able to look in their internal logs for more details.
I talked to them, and they said it might have to do something with CloudFlare. They said I should move my nameservers directly to their Cpanel, so the DNS is in the process of being transferred. This doesn't make sense because the mail node on the DNS settings was already directed to the server on my Cpanel.

CloudFlare is totally unrelated. The mail is handed over from XF though an internal call on the server (see PHP's sendmail_path value). There shouldn't be any DNS involved there.

(Even if there's some DNS stuff, it should generally be using MX and/or TXT records, which aren't generally involved in CloudFlare beyond them being a DNS provider.)

CloudFlare is totally unrelated. The mail is handed over from XF though an internal call on the server (see PHP's sendmail_path value). There shouldn't be any DNS involved there.

(Even if there's some DNS stuff, it should generally be using MX and/or TXT records, which aren't generally involved in CloudFlare beyond them being a DNS provider.)
I'm really confused. I redirected the name servers back to HostGator anyway, and it's in the process of switching.

I don't know what to do about this anymore. My regular gmail address doesn't work either.

Top Bottom