xenforo prefixes are not a problem for support sites, but are they a problem for normal sites?

Baby Community

Guys, I want to open a discussion topic here. xenforo is a really good system. It will be perfect only if there is an improvement in the mobile view. That fix also comes with version 2.3.

What I want to ask. There are prefixes in the xenforo system. These prefixes were included in the index when I checked the index. Doesn't this mean a lot of blood loss in the ranking? I will give an example;

3C3B0A33-1EC4-4EF3-A364-48C9810C6AE7.webp
FB696B0C-DBB3-45E9-B633-13338C12971D.webp

Does each resource have the same indexable text content. If so then the normal way to treat duplicate content is for there to be just one canonical, ie two of them would reference one of them in a rel=canonical tag. Sadly you can't (easily) do this in xenForo - I don't even thank any of the current SEO addons have this.

If the resource s don't have any significant text then I imagine there isn't much chance of being indexed anyway.

The thing to ask yourself: do people find your songs by searching for the title or do they find them by chance based on a search for a genre or mood? Or do they just find the site organically, and then find the songs.

It strikes me that resource manager isn't the best way to do this. Something like Woocommerce would be ideal where you can have one product with three variations. So each variation is the same mp3 but includes a different licence which could be a PDF.

With resource manager if you are selling downloads you have then extra headache of VAT being required in some counties (including the entire EU)

The easiest way by far is probably Bandcamp (if it doesn't close down) or an aggregator like CDbaby because they handle any tax on the sales..

Last edited:
Hello, I would like to revive this discussion by asking if it would affect the SEO of my forum to have Resources with the same name in different categories.

The first thing that occurred to me was to distinguish them with prefixes, but would that really work for my case?

For example, if you distributed your own songs on RM, with different categories such as "Basic License", "Premium License", Professional License" and published the resources respectively:

Basic License – The best song in the world.mp3
Premium License – The best song in the world.mp3
Professional License – The Best Song In The World.mp3

Am I killing SEO or am I using prefixes correctly?
It is better to insist on studying and learning about the slight and fundamental difference between: Sections, Categories, Tags and Prefixes to distribute your contents in the best way according to your needs. You will see that then there will be no conflict with SEO.

Top Bottom