xenforo prefixes are not a problem for support sites, but are they a problem for normal sites?

Baby Community

Guys, I want to open a discussion topic here. xenforo is a really good system. It will be perfect only if there is an improvement in the mobile view. That fix also comes with version 2.3.

What I want to ask. There are prefixes in the xenforo system. These prefixes were included in the index when I checked the index. Doesn't this mean a lot of blood loss in the ranking? I will give an example;

3C3B0A33-1EC4-4EF3-A364-48C9810C6AE7.webp
FB696B0C-DBB3-45E9-B633-13338C12971D.webp

By the way, I have to admit this. Baby Community has 1300 topics and 1930 posts. It's such a small forum. According to the trend google search reports in 5-6 keywords, it ranks 1-5... Competitor forums are behind me in the number of topics 1000000

I learned the answer to this question from the xenforo support site xenforo.gen.tr. Prefixes are a very useful system to the seo system. Maybe I see the benefit of this. I saw that I was ahead of the sites with a million messages in a few keywords, even in the first place. “question? How do you feed your babies outside?” An index of the form may also be a disadvantage for me. So I need to download and install the ozzmods plugin to hide the prefixes from the title.

I’m not sure you can generalise about them being good or bad for SEO because it depends what they are and how they are used. Having said that in most cases I can’t imagine how they could be bad for SEO.

I use them sparingly but I don't know about SEO. They are useful for actual humans to be able to see at a glance what a thread is about. For instance, in my "Board News & Business" forum, I have tags for things like "Announcement", "Discussion", "Information", etc. However, that forum is only visible to logged in users so isn't seen by search engines. The only tag I have in a public forum right is "BPoTW" (Bible Passage of the Week) which is an occasional feature where a member (often me) posts their thoughts on a particular passage or even book from the Bible and then others can join in to discuss it. Might move that into it's own article forum if I can get it going regularly but right now it is a "when someone thinks of one" thing in my regular "Religion & Faith" forum so the tag helps them stand out (I also sticky them during the week they are posted).

For what it's worth I disabled them in my page titles (they still show up on the forum as usual) so they aren't shown in Google results.

There are only limited amounts of characters that Google will show, so why waste them with prefixes.

And that user experience is actually a big part of modern SEO
Certainly, prefixes are very useful in seo. Thanks to Xenforo systems, I am ahead of forums with 1300 thread count and millions of messages by 5-6 keywords. This is proof that xenforon is a robust system in terms of security and everything.

The number of forum topics is 1300, the number of posts is 1950 and the number of members is 300. In this case, I am ahead of the forums with millions of messages and members by 5-6 keywords compared to google seach console. Very interesting...

Last edited:
@Mr Lucky But there is this, it is not enough to pass those million forums and be the first in a few keywords. A lot of visitors come and a great majority of these visitors, when they see the number of members 300, run away and go to the forums below that million. Few people remain in the Baby Community.

These prefixes were included in the index when I checked the index. Doesn't this mean a lot of blood loss in the ranking?

I'll give you an example of where they aren't bad for SEO... it really depends on how "generic" your prefixes are.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 4.14.55 AM.png

Then you have stuff like this for your prefixes

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 4.17.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-15 at 4.19.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-09-15 at 4.20.12 AM.png

Any of those should be "good" for SEO, especially when tied to a title.
And yes, I make HEAVY use of prefixes on my site... only thing I wish is that you could actually use double prefixes like an old 1.x add-on allowed... and yes, I know there is probably a current add-on that does that... but I'm trying to reduce my dependence upon add-ons except for major functions.

I'll give you an example of where they aren't bad for SEO... it really depends on how "generic" your prefixes are.

View attachment 273420

Then you have stuff like this for your prefixes

View attachment 273421View attachment 273422View attachment 273423

Any of those should be "good" for SEO, especially when tied to a title.
And yes, I make HEAVY use of prefixes on my site... only thing I wish is that you could actually use double prefixes like an old 1.x add-on allowed... and yes, I know there is probably a current add-on that does that... but I'm trying to reduce my dependence upon add-ons except for major functions.
Yes, I use prefixes heavily too. And my competitor sites have millions of posts and members, but I'm past them in a tiny forum and a few dozen keywords, and I'm a leader.

54C585EF-E4DF-4DA3-9E4A-714A2A7811EB.webp

The problem is that too many users are coming from those keywords. they look at the number of posts they look at the number of 1400 members 303 very few stay in the forum. Most of the visitors go to the million forums.

For what it's worth I disabled them in my page titles (they still show up on the forum as usual) so they aren't shown in Google results.

There are only limited amounts of characters that Google will show, so why waste them with prefixes.

How did you disable the prefix in page titles? Would like to do the same.

Thanks!

Hello, I would like to revive this discussion by asking if it would affect the SEO of my forum to have Resources with the same name in different categories.

The first thing that occurred to me was to distinguish them with prefixes, but would that really work for my case?

For example, if you distributed your own songs on RM, with different categories such as "Basic License", "Premium License", Professional License" and published the resources respectively:

Basic License – The best song in the world.mp3
Premium License – The best song in the world.mp3
Professional License – The Best Song In The World.mp3

Am I killing SEO or am I using prefixes correctly?

Top Bottom