1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Question ( not a problem ) about server error log

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by K a M a L, Jan 8, 2014.

1. K a M a L

K a M a L Member

I was having problems with my server ( out of memory errors ) , I moved to a new dedicated server with 32 GB Ram and everything is going well
    but after I moved to the new server I got a new type of errors such
    "
    'Usernames must be unique. The specified username is already in use.'
    'Email addresses must be unique. The specified email address is already in use.'
    'Please enter a name that is at least 3 characters long.'
    'Please enter a valid message.'
    "
    these errors are normal errors , but should these errors be in "server" error log ?
    why this type of errors was not showing on old server error log and now showing up on this server
    is there a setting I can change to stop logging such type of errors ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

These errors shouldn't be logged here. If they are, it likely indicates that there's a conflict or misconfiguration within PHP. We have seen opcode caches and optimization/debugging extensions (in PHP) cause things like this. I would recommend disabling these extension to see if the errors are removed.

Unfortunately, little can be done about this in XenForo. As the code is written, this should never happen; when a conflict arises with PHP extensions, it actually runs code diferently than as it's written.

3. K a M a L

K a M a L Member

well , I removed eaccelerator and installed Xcache , the problem disappeared