XenForo Powered sites

Bain

I've purchased XenForo, and still hold roughly 12 licenses to IPB.
Looking around, I have noticed that every XenForo powered site, they all look identical with minor color changes or a few image changes.

Is it difficult to design a great looking theme that does not have the ordinary XenForo style?
Ehren from IPBForumSkins had stated that he may convert some of his skins over to XenForo depending on how difficult it would be to create custom designs that completely do away with the ordinary xenforo theme.

If anyone has a xenforo forum that reaches beyond the current layout/design aspect, I and others would love to see them. Right now, all I am seeing is what I see with vBulletin 4 (No flaming needed as I don't hold a license to vBulletin - simply making an observation), color changes but overall nothing spectacular or innovative like we have seen with vBulletin 3 or the IPB line.

I am aware that we are just now getting into the RC and many skinners are holding off before making any major commitments. However, I would love to see just one skin that shows something remarkably different from the average theme.

Again, please don't take this in any way other than a customer who is interested in seeing what can be done outside the normal layer of design.

Saying it is one thing, showing it off as being done is another.
I'm not going to getting into flame wars or squabbles. It will be as simple as showing off a unique forum design based off xenforo that exemplifies what can be accomplished by a designer.

Right now, as I said, all I see are color changes and minor deviations away from the main design. Which i will add is a great design.
But great themes are what can make or break a forum software, in addition to how well it functions.

Give it some time. You yourself acknowledged that we're still in RC stage which means most skinners are likely waiting.

Regardless, I don't see how 1 good/different skin is going to prove anything. I could create a stunning skin for vB4, but that doesn't mean I want to. If I did create a stunning skin for vB4, would that change your opinion on it? Probably not. Likewise, a single XF skin should not change your opinion on it.

As Ryan said, I think you put it best yourself:
I am aware that we are just now getting into the RC and many skinners are holding off before making any major commitments. However, I would love to see just one skin that shows something remarkably different from the average theme.
Once XF reaches a gold release, I think more style designers will start to work on making and/or converting themes since they won't have to worry about possible code changes like they do during the beta stage. :)

Top Bottom