1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to know if XenForo powered site has a valid license?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by QenTox, Jul 5, 2013.

1. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

Sorry, if this has been answered somewhere before but I couldn't find anything. I was looking for some XenForo sites in my country to see, if someone translated XenForo to my language and I believe I found 2 sites, that are using ilegal (pirated) version of XenForo. So how can you find out, if the site has a valid license for XenForo?

2. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

3. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

Why would anyone give the token to a complete stranger? :) I though there is a way to know this without contacting staff members. Maybe it is, if not I will contact a staff member and will post the answer here.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no need to post the information publicly.
    Simply report the sites you are concerned about and leave it to the staff to deal with it.

5. QenTox

QenTox Well-Known Member

It was not my intention to post the sites here, just the way how to know if someone has or not a valid license. But I guess from the answers, there is no way to find this out without staff assistance.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is correct.

Only certain members of staff have access to customer accounts.

7. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

We should have a secret handshake. Like the freemasons.

C_R likes this.
  8. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Steve F likes this.
  9. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Don't forget Select then Start so you can get the 99 lives on Contra.

10. Marquis

Marquis New Member

Also some nulled xenforo have a footer that doesn't link to the xenforo.com website. I know many websites that are nulled, and also outdated :)