Not a bug XenForo permission - crossing permissions (usergroups/nodes) problem ?

cclaerhout

May be it's me and I still don't get the way the XenForo permissions work, but I've read a lot and still don't understand why when setting a permission on a usergroup, then revoking it on a node doesn't modify the visitor object. See the demo here (bottom of the message). The permission usergroup is working nice, but revoking (or even setting never) the same permission doesn't.

If it's not a bug, just ignore this message, I guess I will have to read more.

If you're revoking the permission on the node, it won't change those permissions - those are the global permissions.

If you're revoking the permission on the node, it won't change those permissions - those are the global permissions.
So just to check if I understood correctly:
The usergroups permissions are the "global permissions" and have the priority on any nodes permissions, which means nodes permissions in order to work implies the "usergroups permissions" are set on "Not Set (No)"...

Did I get it this time? :cautious:

So just to check if I understood correctly:
The usergroups permissions are the "global permissions" and have the priority on any nodes permissions, which means nodes permissions in order to work implies the "usergroups permissions" are set on "Not Set (No)"...

Did I get it this time? :cautious:
I think what he's saying is that the visitor object stores the usergroup permissions, so any node permission changes aren't reflected inside that visitor object.

Possibly...

Programmatically, the permissions with the visitor object give you no information about the node permissions. You need to retrieve the node permissions for the node you want to check that.

But if you haven't set any node permissions, then the global permissions will be the node permissions.

Top Bottom