XF 2.0 Node permissions & Usergroups permissions

Codeless

Hello i messed up with my usergroup and node permissions there is any easiest way to reset all permissions to default ?
maybe via cleaning sql tables

There is no reset button but what you can do is to set all usergroup permissions to "no" and all node permissions to "inherit", that would basically mean nobody has any kind of permissions to do anything. And then you go from there.

Alternatively, create a demo here on XF and see what the default permissions for a new installation is (should be what I told you).

You can use the quick set to do it for many.

As a tip, after you resetted everything, your primary thing to do is to configure the "registered" usergroup.

Think about what the most basic, minimum permission is what should be available to everyobody like 203181

which should be for everyone (registered and unregistered usergroup, unless of course you want a private forum).

And then, you give aditionally permissions to the other usergroups you have, like for admins and mods. For example you don't have to give admin usergroup a "yes" for "view" permission you see above, because you already did that for registered usergroup. And as admins are also a regisered user and belong to that group, they already have that permission. Just give "yes" to the extra stuff for admins.

And then do the unregistered usergroup, what your normal visitors should get.

Top Bottom