XenForo on PHP7

Try disabling Huge Pages in the kernel. php's support for Huge Pages is buggy, even if you disable it in php.
indeed, I updated Centmin Mod PHP 7 support so that opcache huge pages support is only enabled for CentOS 7 as the problem only exists with CentOS 6 + system level transparent huge pages + zend opcache huge pages it seems :)

I finally have everything working on PHP7
Had a lot of trouble with SSL warnings an certificate stuff, e-mails didn't go out.
The solution was to disable IPv6, I don't have a IPv6 address yet so it makes no difference.

PHP7 cut the timing and memory usage in half :cool: (y)
Timing: 0.0179 seconds Memory: 1.896 MB DB Queries: 8

That is fine xenforo fully support the php 7.0 without problem but i worry about my 77 add-ons compatibly. Some add-ons may broke the forum i think due incompatible php functions.

So i think need bit more time and we must work on php 5.6.x :(

That is fine xenforo fully support the php 7.0 without problem but i worry about my 77 add-ons compatibly. Some add-ons may broke the forum i think due incompatible php functions.

So i think need bit more time and we must work on php 5.6.x :(
Well, the only "add-on" that I had issues with was RoundCube. :D
Ended up having to get the BETA of it.

I have more than 70 addons, and only one was unfunctional after going to php 7.0, but it is fixed with new version

Just set up a copy of your site on php7 and let some of your members loose on it to see if they can break anything. This should quickly identify any issues.

Just set up a copy of your site on php7 and let some of your members loose on it to see if they can break anything. This should quickly identify any issues.
Yes i aggree that you are right and i was cloning the my website to php7 another server while you writing that :) And for now, there are no problem seen yet on php 7.0 with 77 add-ons but it should be try on real time the all functions too.

Thanks.

Just moved our server over to php 7 on centos 6 and apart from a few dependency issues it was easier than I thought.
Code:
yum --enablerepo=remi update remi-release

yum --enablerepo=remi-php70 update php\*
The websites are blazing along but maybe because just restarted so many services and updated mariadb while in there. Have about 30 add-ons, only widgets add-on needed an instant update so far that I can see.

Have been running 7.0.0 on my main server for about a week now. Haven't seen any issues nor has any been reported either, so rolling along smoothly with bit over 50 addons or so.

As a FYI for everyone running 7.0.0 on their server. First point release (7.0.1) for it should be out tomorrow, so be on the lookout for that.

Just finished compiling PHP 7.0.0 on my test server to get it build with new lsapi. Looks like I should've checked mirrors for 7.0.1, oh well time to run the compiler again I guess. :)

edit:
upload_2015-12-16_20-36-36.webp
If there are other OLS users here you should edit buildconfig.php and switch lsapi from 6.8 to the updated version 6.9 to be up to date. It's lready included in the main Litespeed release so no need to edit anything on that.

Last edited:
Got my new server up with PHP 7.0.1 w/ Zend Opcache 7.0.6-dev, Apache 2.4.6, nginx 1.9.4, and MariaDB 10.0, very nice indeed. Can't wait to move my forum to it.

Top Bottom