Xenforo Newsletter

tommydamic68

I hope this helps someone who may be interested in a newsletter feature which I have yet to find one for Xenforo that meets my needs. The biggest concern I encountered is not being able to send more than 500 emails per hour due to my host. This will be controlled by your new external email provider via an add on linked below. I came over from Vbulletin and used a few of their newsletter mods and they worked beautifully for me for many years and my members enjoyed them. I send them out monthly as to not be considered too spammy. How did the newsletter help?

• Increase in unique visitors (See Google Analytics graph below - newsletter marked off on the day sent.)
  • Increase in member interaction
  • increase in Donations
  • increase in Google ads revenue

Screen Shot 2013-10-12 at 11.43.52 AM.webp

First I installed and configured this add on http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-mails.2313/ by @xfrocks

Then I purchased a nice looking html News letter template from here for about $15 bucks - http://themeforest.net
They will help you set it up to your liking once purchased (support a little slow, but very helpful.)

After you have your HTML newsletter template set up, go to ACP> Users> Email Users> Choose the HTML option - then just copy and paste the newsletter code into your email body box.

Screen Shot 2013-10-12 at 12.28.31 PM.webp

Send away!

Last edited:
Any opinion on how sending a newsletter with this method from your server impacts inbox/bounce/block rate?

Very nice writeup. I hadn't considered buying a tested, responsive template and just modifying it. Very good idea!

I have been waiting for a real newsletter solution... forever. Do you think The option people tick (get emails from admin) is enough to also cover regular newsletters? Personally, I'd love to have a separate option, but we might just head your way very soon.

I have been waiting for a real newsletter solution... forever. Do you think The option people tick (get emails from admin) is enough to also cover regular newsletters? Personally, I'd love to have a separate option, but we might just head your way very soon.

The newsletter template I chose (you can add it in yourself if you have a little HTML knowledge) has the unsubscribe link at the bottom which when configured right - brings members to the Yourwebsite.com> Your Account> Privacy page where they can uncheck receive emails from admins. My host at one time flagged me for "spam" at one point and required an unsubscribe option in a newsletter (which I had just the link to the Usercp) feature and they found it acceptable with a link to a destination where you could unsubscribe. But to answer your question @Thee the link should be enough as seen below.

Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 5.26.04 AM.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom