XenForo Media Gallery

RichardGaspa

Sorry if my questions have been answered already somewhere. I am a little confused. We are in need of a Media Gallery not only for photos but audio and text files. Am I correct this add-on dose NOT handle audio or text files? Is there a way to upgrade so it dose? Is there any add-on that handles all these formats?

Although I see the appeal of audio in a gallery, I'm not really aware of any galleries that are designed to display text or other documents, though I believe there have been similar suggestions before.

So, the simple answer is no.

The slightly more complex answer is there are broadly two types of media supported. Uploaded files (in theory this could be any file format but the gallery is only designed to show these as images), or embedded media. The latter may be of some interest. For example if the audio files are hosted externally using a service such as Sound Cloud it is relatively trivial to support displaying these in the gallery.

But in terms of uploading content and storing it on your server and displaying it in the gallery you're pretty much restricted to images.

The functionality may be better suited to an add-on. Alternatively for the text and audio formats you could consider something like the Resource Manager.

I should probably add, you may wish to use the Admin Demo as this comes pre-installed with both the Resource Manager and Media Gallery for you to test if either or both of them meet your needs.

Top Bottom