• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 XenForo Looking In Wrong Directory

When I view a JS file I get an error message:

Code:
”." class="error"><br /><b>Warning</b>: require(/home/****/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/****/public_html/index.php</b> on line <b>6</b><br /><br /><b>Fatal error</b>: require(): Failed opening required '/home/****/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/home/*****/public_html/index.php</b> on line <b>6</b><br />
It needs to be looking at

public_html/forums/library

I don't understand what I did wrong or where I need to reset this path at. Help would be greatly appreciated.

XenForo is in /forums.

When I am at forums/index.php all of my JS files throw up that error.

I have added a second copy of the library folders and files to the folder above the /forums directory as a work around for now.

Hm, looks like it may not be fixed after all.

When someone quotes a really long post click to expand doesn't work. It is pre-expanded. The entire post is hown but "click to expand" is still at the bottom. Looking at the source for the page whenever I click the javascript files that are linked, it just takes me to the same page. If I try to navigate to them directly I get a security error message. I am not sure if this is expected.

Where would be a good place to start trouble shooting click to expand not working?

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Your javascript is fine. Note that some browsers have base href problems when clicking an included file in the source code. For example, I have that problem in FireFox where clicking an included js in the source loads the wrong URL. I have to copy it manually.

The problem was your custom "bb_code.css" template. I reverted it and pasted your old template in "bb_code_old.css" in case you need it.

The expanding quotes work now.