XF 1.5 Xenforo logo showing up in Facebook posts

The URL I mentioned is what gets changed if you update the property mentioned in the FAQ. I notice you have multiple styles, so you may need to do that in each style. (Note that FB is just going to see whatever your default is, which appears to be "Mobile Style".)

Did I update the customer area stuff correctly?
Yup, thanks. :)

I'm not sure that link is relevant. I've looked at both of your sites and the OG Logo is still the XenForo logo. Where did you change the OG Logo style property and what did you set it to?

For The Boneyard I haven't changed the OG logo. The default OG doesn't show on Facebook.

For Syracusefan this is what I changed it to. Does it take a while for the change to be set?

EDIT: The picture above is a xenforo post, and the OG didn't show either.

image.webp

Facebook does some asynchronous loading of images in certain cases. Otherwise, it's mostly down to its decision of what to do.

In terms of your last screenshot, I suspect you may just need to check the value in other styles as I can see this in the HTML:
Code:
<meta property="og:image" content="http://syracusefan.com/styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png" />
If it's correct in other styles, then it may be hardcoded in the templates.

I've done a template search for logo.og.png, and it doesn't show up any where. I've even deleted the file to see if anything changes. Still no luck.

The path isn't normally in the templates -- it comes from that style property. But if you have multiple styles (which you do), you may need to update the value in each of them.

The path isn't normally in the templates -- it comes from that style property. But if you have multiple styles (which you do), you may need to update the value in each of them.

The FAQ link provide by Brogan mentions it may take weeks due to Facebook caching. That's got to be it.

That refers to once you change it. The value I was referring to is actually coming from your site.

Looking at it now, it appears to be showing:
Code:
<meta property="og:image" content="http://syracusefan.com/" />
So you have changed something.

Top Bottom