XenForo License Query

Joshua Quinlan

Hello,

I am considering buying a second hand XenForo license - I just have a few questions to ask before doing this:
  1. Is it safe to buy a second hand license
  2. Do you still get access addon and theme libraries if you get a second hand license rather than a new one?
  3. How does the transfer process work, and what happens?
  4. Priority support, I am assuming, is the support that is given through the support ticketing system? Do you still have access to post on the forums?
  5. Is there some sort of IFRAME feature where I can integrate other sites into this one?
  6. Can you still use the ticketing system when your priority support has run out?
  7. How many times can you use a XenForo License (without transfer)?

In advance, thank you to anybody that helps me with my query,

Joshua Quinlan

1. Always take special care with second hand licenses (more details below).
  2. Yes.
  3. The transferrer initiates the transfer. We establish it is eligible for transfer. They provide the transferee's contact details. We contact the transferee then the process is completed.
  4. You should still be able to post on the forum for community support. You won't be able to receive ticket support. You won't be able to download new updates.
  5. You can edit the templates to add any HTML you like.
  6. No. (See point 4).
  7. I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to here. Licenses are only valid for a single install. Licenses can only be transferred once. No further transfers are allowed.
Licenses are eligible to be transferred 120 days after purchase, must be active and not have been transferred previously.

Before parting with any money, the transferrer should provide you with their license validation token, you can then add that here:
License Validation API | XenForo

This will confirm if the license can be transferred or not:

upload_2015-8-9_12-18-6.webp

1. Always take special care with second hand licenses (more details below).
  2. Yes.
  3. The transferrer initiates the transfer. We establish it is eligible for transfer. They provide the transferee's contact details. We contact the transferee then the process is completed.
  4. You should still be able to post on the forum for community support. You won't be able to receive ticket support. You won't be able to download new updates.
  5. You can edit the templates to add any HTML you like.
  6. No. (See point 4).
  7. I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to here. Licenses are only valid for a single install. Licenses can only be transferred once. No further transfers are allowed.
Licenses are eligible to be transferred 120 days after purchase, must be active and not have been transferred previously.

Before parting with any money, the transferrer should provide you with their license validation token, you can then add that here:
License Validation API | XenForo

This will confirm if the license can be transferred or not:

View attachment 113706

That's very helpful - thank you very much.

Top Bottom