Xenforo Is about to go viral

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiCk Newman

Just saying, since all browsers support css3 and xenforo is very compatible with all major browsers, and the features they're creating, I have a feeling as a php developer, xenforo is about to become the most used forum software in the world. I have a feeling in 2-3years (If the developers continue to create more features) that are actually useful like how they made the Warning System in the last patch. If they continue to make more useful features, this software will be 1 big big hit, (Not saying it is not now) I am just saying I think it will grow even bigger.

What differentiates this forum software, compared to vbulletin, or IPB or SMF?, is that this software is amazingly faster. I mean go look at some ipb 3.2 sites it's slow as snails, then compare those features to xenforo and then compare a speed test, xenforo blows it away. Also ipb 3.2+ devlopers keep making features that become useless/slow down the site, xenforo has been making new features (like the warning system) that are "not useless" and actually useful on your everyday life as a Admin or a user.

So kudo's to xenforo, this software will be the most used commercial forum software in the world. In about 2-5 years, It will be bigger then vbulletin and ipb combined.

Take my word for it.

Good work guys.

I really get tired of people comparing the speed of XF to IPB, of course XF is faster it doesn't have as much as IPB does, for now anyways.

I really get tired of people comparing the speed of XF to IPB, of course XF is faster it doesn't have as much as IPB does, for now anyways.
And you need all that from IPB for what reason? Forums are not social networking sites, sorry.

Having more features is irrelevant to speed.

And you need all that from IPB for what reason? Forums are not social networking sites, sorry.

Having more features is irrelevant to speed.

What exact features are you talking about, would be nice to say so instead of just complaining in general.

What exact features are you talking about, would be nice to say so instead of just complaining in general.
Look at your signature, you're offering services for xenforo, but you dont sound like you're agreeing with me? Makes no sense, so you think just cause IPB 3.0+ has more features it is okay for it to be Slower?

(y) I lol'd

Xenforo is a perfectly good lightweight forum software.

I tried the demo, but there were lots of things in IPB that I felt I couldn't give up.

One basic thing. If I made a mistake adding a "node" and it popped an error message. I clicked back, and was presented with a blank form. IPB at least stores the content in the fields if an error occurs. That single irritation is my roadblock right now.

Look at your signature, you're offering services for xenforo, but you dont sound like you're agreeing with me? Makes no sense, so you think just cause IPB 3.0+ has more features it is okay for it to be Slower?

(y) I lol'd

I offer both IPB and XenForo services, no reason to have a link to my IPB services here as this is forum is mainly made up of XF owners, also of course I don't agree with you.

Also I highly doubt that if XF had the features (exact same ones as IPB) that it would still be this fast, it would also be slow due to the amount of features.

Also, yes I usually do use most of IPB's features that come in a stock install of it.

(y) I lol'd that you probably have no idea that features slow down a product.

Xenforo is a perfectly good lightweight forum software.

I tried the demo, but there were lots of things in IPB that I felt I couldn't give up.

One basic thing. If I made a mistake adding a "node" and it popped an error message. I clicked back, and was presented with a blank form. IPB at least stores the content in the fields if an error occurs. That single irritation is my roadblock right now.
Lol man that is a simple fix!, you could post it in the support forum I bet they could help you.

I offer both IPB and XenForo services, no reason to have a link to my IPB services here as this is forum is mainly made up of XF owners, also of course I don't agree with you.

Also I highly doubt that if XF had the features (exact same ones as IPB) that it would still be this fast, it would also be slow due to the amount of features.

Also, yes I usually do use most of IPB's features that come in a stock install of it.

(y) I lol'd that you probably have no idea that features slow down a product.

Okay, show me some websites that have 600+members online, running ipb 3.2, you cant. (Guests/Robots) don't count. Now I can get into a whole other story about theres still IPB 1.3 sites out there have more then 600+members online, theres 5-10 sites that do, ipb 3.2 just can't compete anymore, it's dying, the more features that software has the slower it gets it seems like, and less and less people are using it. No one want's to use a slow forum, that's why you never see more then 500+members online a ipb 3.2 forum, but the speed from ipb 1.3 was just insanely fast and still is. That's why you see forums with 1000+members online (not counting robots/etc), So you can go have fun on your huge bloated ipb 3.1 crap, you will get no where. Users will not come back if it's slow. Simple as that. Good luck.

On the other hand, xenforo will beable to compete with the forums (ipb 1.3) that have 1000's users online, and other forum softwares, that is why it's going to go viral, I'd recommend you drop all your ipb 3.0+ support and move to xenforo, you will thank me in the future mate :)

Talking about 1.3 just shows that the developers crapped on the system when they made 2.0 and 3.0, it just got slower and slower and crappier, and will continue to.

Okay, show me some websites that have 600+members online, running ipb 3.2, you cant. (Guests/Robots) don't count. Now I can get into a whole other story about theres still IPB 1.3 sites out there have more then 600+members online, theres 5-10 sites that do, ipb 3.2 just can't compete anymore, it's dying, the more features that software has the slower it gets it seems like, and less and less people are using it. No one want's to use a slow forum, that's why you never see more then 500+members online a ipb 3.2 forum, but the speed from ipb 1.3 was just insanely fast and still is. That's why you see forums with 1000+members online (not counting robots/etc), So you can go have fun on your huge bloated ipb 3.1 crap, you will get no where. Users will not come back if it's slow. Simple as that. Good luck.

On the other hand, xenforo will beable to compete with the forums (ipb 1.3) that have 1000's users online, and other forum softwares, that is why it's going to go viral, I'd recommend you drop all your ipb 3.0+ support and move to xenforo, you will thank me in the future mate :)

Talking about 1.3 just shows that the developers crapped on the system when they made 2.0 and 3.0, it just got slower and slower and crappier, and will continue to.

http://www.minecraftforums.net
http://forums.bethsoft.com/
http://rootzwiki.com/index

Now please show me a XF forum with 600+ users (Guests/Bots) don't count.

Also drop IPB support? Ha you're crazy, I've made more off of IPB then XF and there are way more clients over on IPB as of now.

Also if you want I can list many "big-board" sites that use IPB.

This thread is probably better suited as a PC because it's spirally downhill within the first page.

To stay on topic, XenForo will be a top contender in a few more years.
I think people are still skittish about the lawsuit.

http://www.minecraftforums.net
http://forums.bethsoft.com/
http://rootzwiki.com/index

Now please show me a XF forum with 600+ users (Guests/Bots) don't count.

Also drop IPB support? Ha you're crazy, I've made more off of IPB then XF and there are way more clients over on IPB as of now.

Also if you want I can list many "big-board" sites that use IPB.

Well simply xf hasn't been out that long to justify the 600 users online. (It will be though, just wait)

rootzwiki.com (
(in the past 60 minutes))

60 minutes don't count.. Lol

http://forums.bethsoft.com/ Is the only one that is justifiable, good work, wonder how much bandwidth and $$$ they pay per month to host that slow forum? Takes 2-3seconds to refresh? completely horrible. I know russian hosted ipb 1.3 sites that have 1000+members in the past 15minutes, that are faster then that bethsoft forum....

Plus they just converted from a different software, wait 2-5months, you will users dying off cause of the slowness. It happens all the time, that's why faster forums remain the best.

Well simply xf hasn't been out that long to justify the 600 users online. (It will be though, just wait)

rootzwiki.com (
(in the past 60 minutes))

60 minutes don't count.. Lol

http://forums.bethsoft.com/ Is the only one that is justifiable, good work, wonder how much bandwidth and $$$ they pay per month to host that slow forum? Takes 2-3seconds to refresh? completely horrible. I know russian hosted ipb 1.3 sites that have 1000+members in the past 15minutes, that are faster then that bethsoft forum....

Plus they just converted from a different software, wait 2-5months, you will users dying off cause of the slowness. It happens all the time, that's why faster forums remain the best.

Um past 60 minutes does count as most of those users ares till online.

Bethsoft probably doesn't pay anything for their severs except to there isp, as that is the main for for the Bethesda forums, the people that made the oblivion games etc.

Also did you not even look at Minecraftforums?

And I like how you can't come up with an XF forum that has 600+ users online, also no that's not what happens all the time, you still see vBulletin with a massive user base.

This is one reason I don't usually post in any of the regular forums here, you are one of the people that act as if this is a cult :p.

Now off I go to never reply to this thread again, as Brogan said this is more suited for an Admin website, should probably close this thread or something before it gets out of hand (not from me as I'm not going to reply to him again :p).

Edit:

In his terms that doesn't count.

Um past 60 minutes does count as most of those users ares till online.

Bethsoft probably doesn't pay anything for their severs except to there isp, as that is the main for for the Bethesda forums, the people that made the oblivion games etc.

Also did you not even look at Minecraftforums?

And I like how you can't come up with an XF forum that has 600+ users online, also no that's not what happens all the time, you still see vBulletin with a massive user base.

This is one reason I don't usually post in any of the regular forums here, you are one of the people that act as if this is a cult :p.

Now off I go to never reply to this thread again, as Brogan said this is more suited for an Admin website, should probably close this thread or something before it gets out of hand (not from me as I'm not going to reply to him again :p).

Edit:

In his terms that doesn't count.
Lol

217 members past 30minutes lol? no where close.

If you agree with Brogan then you shouldn't of contradicted yourself and posted what you just did.

It's not a cult, ipb 3.0 is horrible. I don't care who pays for there servers, somone is getting ripped off that's for sure. I dont care what you do with your ipb 3.0 crap quite frankly, you are the one that started bashing the whole xenforo topic about me giving compliments to xenforo, then you instigated the arguement by saying xenforo doesn't compared to what ipb 3.0 has which is a complete and utter lie

The speed that xenforo has outweighs the "cons" you said that xenforo has, compared to a "full featured" ipb 3.0 which most users don't even use 50% of the stuff ipb 3.0 offers, which makes it slow and bloated and completely pointless.

good day

Lol

217 members past 30minutes lol? no where close.

If you agree with Brogan then you shouldn't of contradicted yourself and posted what you just did.

It's not a cult, ipb 3.0 is horrible. I don't care who pays for there servers, somone is getting ripped off that's for sure. I dont care what you do with your ipb 3.0 crap quite frankly, you are the one that started bashing the whole xenforo topic about me giving compliments to xenforo, then you instigated the arguement by saying xenforo doesn't compared to what ipb 3.0 has which is a complete and utter lie

The speed that xenforo has outweighs the "cons" you said that xenforo has, compared to a "full featured" ipb 3.0 which most users don't even use 50% of the stuff ipb 3.0 offers, which makes it slow and bloated and completely pointless.

good day
I know I side I wasn't going to reply but, gotta defend myself.

1. Never bashed you giving XenForo compliments.
2. Never said XenForo doesn't compare to IPB, said that it is faster because it doesn't have as many features as IPB 3.2.x
3. I never posted any "cons" about XenForo.
4. All statistics are made up :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom