Xenforo Googles AdSense Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Amaral Mota

Will Xenforo follow IB method (Profit/Credit Sharing not really sure what information and or funds they get from this, as I was a member at version 3) or will we be able to have this for our own use?

It like pulling teeth (actually it is easier to pull them..) to get information about what IB use our accounts for, as I can only find some postings and wiki information.

Right now we don't have an AdSense implementation at all.

I'd take this opportunity to say that when I wrote IB's vBulletin integration, I saw nothing nefarious or underhanded about it. This is an instance where paranoia has ruined a perfectly reasonable feature.

As it should be fairly easy to integrate Google or any other advertising system or an open ad server like OpenX into XenForo I don't think we need any special advertising coding inside XenForo...

Right now we don't have an AdSense implementation at all.

I'd take this opportunity to say that when I wrote IB's vBulletin integration, I saw nothing nefarious or underhanded about it. This is an instance where paranoia has ruined a perfectly reasonable feature.
Basically ... IPB did NOT follow what VB tried to do :)
You are aware that Kier coded the adsense integration for vB?

So obviously he wrote it thinking it was the best way to go. What makes you think that he would do it differently here? What did IPB do differently?

So obviously he wrote it thinking it was the best way to go. What makes you think that he would do it differently here? What did IPB do differently?

IPB is the market leader in this imho ... and I was under the impression XF wants to be the best forum solution. ;)

You think the entire NHL would move their forums last month to IPB for a second rate solution ?

http://fans.predators.nhl.com/community/

IPB is the market leader in this imho ... and I was under the impression XF wants to be the best forum solution. ;)

You think the entire NHL would move their forums last month to IPB for a second rate solution ?

http://fans.predators.nhl.com/community/
Can you actually describe what IPB has done that's different than vB? You've said IPB is best in this area, they did it differently than vB, but you haven't said what it is they do differently that you like. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom