1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo Googles AdSense Integration

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Jose Amaral Mota, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jose Amaral Mota

Jose Amaral Mota Active Member

Will Xenforo follow IB method (Profit/Credit Sharing not really sure what information and or funds they get from this, as I was a member at version 3) or will we be able to have this for our own use?

It like pulling teeth (actually it is easier to pull them..) to get information about what IB use our accounts for, as I can only find some postings and wiki information.

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Right now we don't have an AdSense implementation at all.

I'd take this opportunity to say that when I wrote IB's vBulletin integration, I saw nothing nefarious or underhanded about it. This is an instance where paranoia has ruined a perfectly reasonable feature.

EQnoble likes this.
  3. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Do you want to create something similar to the IB-system for Xenforo in future?

4. Kier

That sounds like a very loaded question. What do you want the answer to be?

5. I would prefer an official extra add-on coded 1 year after XenForo be released.

Markos likes this.
  6. DSF

DSF Well-Known Member

Kier, I think he means similar the vB3 templates ad_footer_end, ad_footer_start, ad_forumdisplay_afterthreads ...... and more

Markos likes this.
  7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

As it should be fairly easy to integrate Google or any other advertising system or an open ad server like OpenX into XenForo I don't think we need any special advertising coding inside XenForo...

8. AmericanForum.com

AmericanForum.com Well-Known Member

As long as it works like the market leader in this (IPB) ... we are happy. :)

9. Kier

I barely know anything about IPB's features - you'll have to enlighten me as to what makes it compelling for you.

10. AmericanForum.com

Basically ... IPB did NOT follow what VB tried to do :)

11. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

You are aware that Kier coded the adsense integration for vB?

12. AmericanForum.com

yes and does it matter ?

13. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

So obviously he wrote it thinking it was the best way to go. What makes you think that he would do it differently here? What did IPB do differently?

14. AmericanForum.com

IPB is the market leader in this imho ... and I was under the impression XF wants to be the best forum solution. ;)

You think the entire NHL would move their forums last month to IPB for a second rate solution ?

http://fans.predators.nhl.com/community/

15. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. ;) The question at hand is what is different. Sorry, I am not familiar with how IPB does things.

EQnoble likes this.
  16. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Online At Once Record 38 :p

(sorry for the OT)

17. And I can assure it will be in a couple years :). Maybe in less than... 547 days 23 hours 10 mins. and 14 seconds. :p

18. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Can you actually describe what IPB has done that's different than vB? You've said IPB is best in this area, they did it differently than vB, but you haven't said what it is they do differently that you like. :confused:

Rob, EQnoble, Kier and 1 other person like this.
  19. AmericanForum.com

I wanted to point out that the prestigious NHL could of gone with VB but went with IPB instead ... Big boards are also moving to IPB. :)

20. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Just describe the damn thing please.

kaoticnick, Enigma, Princeton and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.