Xenforo Googles AdSense Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Amaral Mota

Will Xenforo follow IB method (Profit/Credit Sharing not really sure what information and or funds they get from this, as I was a member at version 3) or will we be able to have this for our own use?

It like pulling teeth (actually it is easier to pull them..) to get information about what IB use our accounts for, as I can only find some postings and wiki information.

Look at all the negativity over how vB chose to implement ad support in vB4, look how its been received by people.
Who wrote that?
Kier did.
Now, imagine that he has written up something similar or maybe something completely new for XenForo.
Knowing how people have mischaracterized the vB solution and all the negativity that has come along with it... do you think he wants to get into that right now, specially when people cant even have the thing in their hands to see it in action?
Or on the other hand... would you blame him if he just decided to skip out of the box extensive ad support all together?

Now i dont understand how ad support for XenForo is going to work, but it seems to me that most people still dont understand how ad support for vB works.

I have the same unanswered question this Big Forum asked and still got no answer ... I hope XF has an opt out integration for those that already have an adsense account.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?361730-Adsense-Integration&highlight=adsense

Good, Kier. I thought that the google adsense integration idea was stupid... iB and their.. meh, whatever. All I know is that vB got more for their buck than the vB licensees do. So, Its best to just leave it at support for adsense, as in placing the code on the forum - as if, business as usual.

And yes, I have read your reply in page 2, where you said there's a bounty for every signup vbulletin makes google for increasing adsense member rate. But the problem with that, is that when VB released all of their intentions with regards to the adsense integration.... I read that they wanted the entire fleet of information with regards to how much traffic most of niches [internet brands] wanted to target.

For example, if they wanted to purchase a site related to iphone, they demand the traffic information from google [with the use of the adsense integration].

That was what the problem arose from. At least, for me.

Others complained about the 'bounty' you spoke of, but the way you said it, is different from what people were angry about - The way that I understood it, it was that the site owners would not get the profits from adsense, vbulletin would (at least a percentage of it). Hey, don't accuse me of anything. I'm just saying that's how customers read the articles released by vbulletin solutions/iB.

It was not a stupid idea, in my opinion. It was just badly handled.

You are welcome to your opinion of course, but I happen to disagree with it.

Further, there is not a bounty for every vBulletin signup. I suggest you go and read the Google documentation surrounding the scheme.

It was not a stupid idea, in my opinion. It was just badly handled.
Let me be clear, the idea designed by you is not stupid, but the ideas that WENT with it....were stupid, the whole legal honcho babble. As evidenced in your "It was just badly handled" comment. I understand that you wanted to help benefit novice administrators to have their adsense codes on their forum. Its commendable. I assure you that. But it was iB who 'intervened' and drove it down into PR nightmare. That was what I was saying. The whole thing was stupid. Could easily have been avoided if iB wasn't pushing the idea down the throats of may admins. What I mean by that, is divulge as LITTLE information [of their intention of the use]. Could have just said "this idea is for novice users that don't know the ins and out of modifying vbulletin. those of you have adsense on your site do not mind the idea" while the latter DID happen, the former did not.

Let me elaborate it a little further, lets say you're releasing a new product that you want to profit from, but also benefit others:

Kier: I'm releasing a blog platform that isn't going to be free.
Ashley: Kier, no. Don't say that, at least not yet.
Kier: Its a platform in which we---
Ashley: STFU!
Kier: Its going to cost $150.
Audience: *gasp* Hell No! I'm not buying that ridiculous product!
Ashley: You see what you did?
Kier: A product's price is high because we want to--
Ashley: KIER! SHUT UP!
Audience: BOOOO!

This is just an example.
You are welcome to your opinion of course, but I happen to disagree with it.
'preciate it, sir!
Further, there is not a bounty for every vBulletin signup. I suggest you go and read the Google documentation surrounding the scheme.
Well, you know what I meant. However, I will research a lil more. :)

Sorry I don't understand that at all.

Let me be clear, the idea designed by you is not stupid, but the ideas that WENT with it....were stupid, the whole legal honcho babble. As evidenced in your "It was just badly handled" comment. I understand that you wanted to help benefit novice administrators to have their adsense codes on their forum. Its commendable. I assure you that. But it was iB who 'intervened' and drove it down into PR nightmare. That was what I was saying. The whole thing was stupid. Could easily have been avoided if iB wasn't pushing the idea down the throats of may admins. What I mean by that, is divulge as LITTLE information [of their intention of the use]. Could have just said "this idea is for novice users that don't know the ins and out of modifying vbulletin. those of you have adsense on your site do not mind the idea" while the latter DID happen, the former did not.

Let me elaborate it a little further, lets say you're releasing a new product that you want to profit from, but also benefit others:

This is just an example.

'preciate it, sir!

Well, you know what I meant. However, I will research a lil more. :)

Please, just shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom