XF 1.5 XenForo google - request for too much information

dlinstedt

I have a question. I'm using this plugin:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/external-accounts-extended-paid.68758/page-25#post-1054356

I contacted the developer (see the last message / post), and basically they said XenForo controls what and how much information is requested by Google using OAuth for login.

My members are complaining that it is requesting "too much" information (including all their friends, images, etc...)

My question to XenForo is: is there any way to ask the Google API for less information to be shared?

Thanks,
Dan Linstedt

Hi Mike, thanks for the awesome and fast reply. May I make an enhancement suggestion? (I don't like modifying any of the core-code that ships with the product). I'd rather have an option switch in the Admin CP that lets me choose "basic" instead of "plus.login" - but I understand if this is super low priority.

Perhaps I missed something in the Admin CP? You say there is an option to remove that? Where?
Thanks! Dan

I was referring to the Google authorization popup there. You can't remove the other bits, but you can control what circles are accessible.

Top Bottom