Xenforo gets ****ty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the add on selling fraction has replied now protecting their business LOL
Now you're just being ignorant and insulting.

Sooner or later you're going to have to face the fact that in order to run a forum, no matter what platform you use, you have only thje following options:
  1. learn how to customize your forum yourself; or
  2. learn how to create addons/extensions for custom features yourself; or
  3. pay someone for addons already created, many of which are free or low cost, or to create custom addons for specific features you think you need for your forum.
This is not a Xenforo issue. You will find the same thing with vBulletin, IPB, SMF, phpBB, and whatever elkse is out there.

I can do a certain amount of customization myself, often with the help of Xenforo staff or Xenforo users which is generally exemplary. But I don't know to create Xenforo addons (although sooner or later I need to do that), especially secure addons, and for those I'm happy to pay those who have already put in the work to learn how to create addons.

Now how about you stop whining and do whatever you have to do to customize the software in whatever ways makes you happy?

Same ingnorance vBulletin had before going down.....

Identycally ........

Customers are not forced to buy Xenforo.Once there is a better solution for customasation i say good bye to such an ignorant project where they demand every forum owner to learn programing skills.

I was running forums since 2004 and never had to learn PHP and still somehow was able to customize all of my forums.

I'm running a forum for a community.I don't have time to investigate for each small customazation i want.
I think changing icons,adding logo,colours,recaptcha should be already a standard......
When looking for somebody to make the changes i get quotes where i ask myself i could have bought 3 licenses for it and what the purpose of a license is when you need to pay for everything extra which is in my opinion a standard for a forum.

I completely agree! The license is stupidly cheap. It should be at least 10 times the price to reflect the insane value that we're getting from it.

pop popcorn GIF by Regal Cinemas

@XenForo a nice army of work looking programers you have to defend the customer unfriendly garbage you produce.

Myself i will leave as soon as something good comes out.

You can keep your work looking monkeys and will learn who brings the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom