XenForo File Structure

Cezz

Wondering if we can see a representative tree of the XenForo File Structure?

I know most wont find this the most interesting thing ever but it does interest me as I am a freak for keeping my files nicely organized. (Probably the only think I keep neat).

I would love to see the only things in root folder are

Index.php
.htaccess
ajax.php (maybe)

That is it I would hope everything else is in folders...

There are a lot of files, it won't fit in a screenshot :)

Since it's a framework I can imagine it will be a container, loader or otherwise handler for areas, and the rest is organized in sub dirs.

Let's see... *looks at source*

|- /js/
|-- /jquery/
|-- /xenforo/
|-- /tinymce/
|- /styles/
|-- /default/
|--- /xenforo/

*gets bored*
You get the idea :P

On a more serious note, I'm not as interested in the structure as I am about the contents ;)

Let's see... *looks at source*

|- /js/
|-- /jquery/
|-- /xenforo/
|-- /tinymce/
|- /styles/
|-- /default/
|--- /xenforo/

*gets bored*
You get the idea :p

On a more serious note, I'm not as interested in the structure as I am about the contents ;)

Contents are the biggest interest also, but we can't see this until the code is realeased so it is nice to get other info that could be released in advanced... And it does show if this sort of thing is correctly thought through **Which i suspect with Mike and Kier has been**

I'd like to see the structure, and naming convention so I can plan out some of the things that my site will require, and to keep things as organized as possible to this system.

Why would you rename the index.php? then your site wouldn't work since that is the file who handles all the pages.

My site is going to require a custom portal which is our main page.

We can always do something differently, but I was just wondering about renaming the index, as many sites do do this. 

My site is going to require a custom portal which is our main page.

We can always do something differently, but I was just wondering about renaming the index, as many sites do do this.
Well I am not an expert on this so I should let someone more experience answer but I do not belive renaming the index file should be done but I do belive it wouldn't be to hard to change so your portal is the entry point of your site instead of the forums display.

Well I am not an expert on this so I should let someone more experience answer but I do not belive renaming the index file should be done but I do belive it wouldn't be to hard to change so your portal is the entry point of your site instead of the forums display.
It's no biggie and has been around in vBulletin for ages. So I'm 100% sure Kier knows how to do it. :D

xenforo
index.php
admin.php
styles/
js/
library/
XenForo/
ControllerPublic/
Forum.php
Model/
Forum.php
Route/
Prefix/
Forums.php
ViewPublic/
Forum/
View.php
Zend/
Just a sample.
/me notices the zend folder in there. Will you guys be keeping the zend framework in there? I have some plans for it and im sure other people who plans to created modifications will have as well :)

Top Bottom