XenForo & Cross Site Scripting Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say that's meaningful.

preg_match is a function that determines if text matches something. CSRF is a different type of vulnerability. Levens(h)tein is a method for determine "edit distances" for strings.

None of it really adds up. If he wants to demo something then I'm quite happy to do more investigation but he hasn't given any indication of, well, anything.

Well, he's not ready to prove anything. So far he's reported a bug with one of the addons on the site, and that too is not critical.

This is getting all 'Dilbertish'.

Well according this his post, he's gained access to your server

I do some script and I can intrude in the server. Not only this but the other website which is your sibling on the hosting server. So its not a matter of report. You cannot manually fix it. On other hand, we can deploy a solution.

I would steer clear of him.

Something doesn't quite add up and I'm highly suspicious of him.

He's either:

a) Genuinely found something and wants money from you to fix it (seems unlikely as nothing he has said has made any sort of sense to anyone)
b) Not found anything, and trying to con you into access to your server or money to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
or
c) Someone who thinks he knows what he's talking about... but doesn't.

I'd steer well clear, if I were you.

Ah, the sweet or not so sweet smell of ********

I'm calling your "hackers" bluff and welcome him / her to have a go at my site if he / she thinks they've found anything directly related to XenForo.

Reading from his post... I'd say he's either all hot air, is fishing for something, or if any vulnerability has been found (unlikely from the way he or she is speaking) it would likely be an add-on or server side.

But overall, I stand by my original comment.... BS and nothing more.

Last edited:
He certainly didn't provide any padding in his attempt to solicit money for "extra security" - just straight to the point.

Edit: Let's see how long it takes before we run out of corny CSS jokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom