XenForo Cloud

Can you elaborate? We don't operate our own hosting service like some other platforms if that's the question.

If you're enquiring as to whether XF can be used on a cloud hosting provider, it should be fine as long as it meets the minimum requirements on our home page.

If you have a particular host in mind someone may be able to confirm if they have XF working with that host.

We don't have any immediate plans to but that couid change.

If that is important to you and you are looking to start a forum now, I can only recommend looking elsewhere.

Hello,
is it possible to have a cloud hosting with XenForo?
Regards.
Why do you want cloud hosting ?

It's pretty easy to arrange your own hosting.
I just literally did it in a few minutes.

1) buy the domain - yourwebsite.com
2) find a host - for a small forum I'd use this - https://mattwservices.co.uk/resources/medium-package.34/
3) purchase xenforo

4) upload xenforo to host.
5) put the host nameservers in your domain panel.
6) wait for your website name to propagate through the nameservers.

7) Learn Xenforo (takes the most time, you'd have to do it with a cloud-hosted version too).

You can get people to "setup everything for you". I bet MattW would do it for you if you decided to use him as a host. Might cost a few bucks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys.

Okay, Brogan.
Digital, I know how to set-up my forum. The problem is the price, monthly price would be great.

You can close this topic now.

Start with a free forum software and a $5.00 VPS at Vultr or Digital Ocean. Once you get some members to help donate for better software or make some money on ads, upgrade at that point :D

Five years have passed. Attitudes to Cloud hosting have changed. Asking the same question again...:

Does XenForo offer cloud-hosted forums?

Why: I have a forum that's been running for years on Linux and I would like to get someone to manage it; all updates, backups, keep the thing running, all with little or no technical requirements from me.

TapaTalk are now offering this; does anyone know what that's like?

Five years have passed. Attitudes to Cloud hosting have changed. Asking the same question again...:

Does XenForo offer cloud-hosted forums?

Why: I have a forum that's been running for years on Linux and I would like to get someone to manage it; all updates, backups, keep the thing running, all with little or no technical requirements from me.

TapaTalk are now offering this; does anyone know what that's like?
Then if you're looking for that, then I would recommend hiring a Technical Admin to assist with that.

Yes @Claudio is a good choice. I recommend him too. His work is always professional from what I hear and has a good reputation on the site for being a pro at what he does. He migrated my forum from vb5 to Xenforo 1.5 in 2013 and is well worth giving a chance.

Top Bottom