• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XenForo Cloud

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Can you elaborate? We don't operate our own hosting service like some other platforms if that's the question.

If you're enquiring as to whether XF can be used on a cloud hosting provider, it should be fine as long as it meets the minimum requirements on our home page.

If you have a particular host in mind someone may be able to confirm if they have XF working with that host.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
We don't have any immediate plans to but that couid change.

If that is important to you and you are looking to start a forum now, I can only recommend looking elsewhere.

Digital Doctor

Hello,
is it possible to have a cloud hosting with XenForo?
Regards.
Why do you want cloud hosting ?

It's pretty easy to arrange your own hosting.
I just literally did it in a few minutes.

1) buy the domain - yourwebsite.com
2) find a host - for a small forum I'd use this - https://mattwservices.co.uk/resources/medium-package.34/
3) purchase xenforo

4) upload xenforo to host.
5) put the host nameservers in your domain panel.
6) wait for your website name to propagate through the nameservers.

7) Learn Xenforo (takes the most time, you'd have to do it with a cloud-hosted version too).

You can get people to "setup everything for you". I bet MattW would do it for you if you decided to use him as a host. Might cost a few bucks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys.

Okay, Brogan.
Digital, I know how to set-up my forum. The problem is the price, monthly price would be great.

You can close this topic now.

Mike Edge

Thanks for the replies guys.

Okay, Brogan.
Digital, I know how to set-up my forum. The problem is the price, monthly price would be great.

You can close this topic now.
Start with a free forum software and a $5.00 VPS at Vultr or Digital Ocean. Once you get some members to help donate for better software or make some money on ads, upgrade at that point :D