XenForo Cloud discussion

For some reason XenForo notices tend to have an impact on the web vitals scores, and the stock theme also could do with a bit of sliming to reduce the LCP value.

Of course FA Manager is a significant improvement. It’s probably one of the most significant optimisations. Something which we’re well aware of…
Sadly my users have started using the font-awesome icons in bb-code and via the font bb-code tag for fancy layout.

1646783529398.png

Sure, I've got a lot of optimizations & custom add-ons but ❤️ ryzen 3000x series based CPUs for webservers

Last edited:
+1
... and an option to easily restore in case something went wrong with for example a bad add-on upgrade.

Are there any plans in the future to allow for forum owners to request/retrieve a forum backup?
Potentially something we are exploring, yes.

Your data is yours. Our current commitment is that the data will be provided if you decide to move away from XenForo Cloud.

+1
... and an option to easily restore in case something went wrong with for example a bad add-on upgrade.
This wouldn't be a concern that factors into the decision to make such a feature available. If you run into an issue like this, as it is a fully managed service, it would be our job to get you back up and running. Often this wouldn't require a backup/restore process.

To be clear, we take daily backups that are stored off-site.

How can I fix Microsoft blocking all emails when Xenforo Cloud is a managed service?

A huge proportion of our members sign up using Microsoft accounts despite notices, banners, template changes, phrase edits and popups.

In the beginning we could manually approve those we recognised from a previous forum and could verify via PM there. But with new users we can no longer do this.

Last edited:
No.

You use your own email address, or your own SMTP service.

Brogan,

My only issue to not migrate right now is to deal with the e-mail and domain situation.

Since the XF Cloud doesn't have inbuild e-mail system, there is any service that XF can recommend?

After that, we are good to go.

Brogan,

My only issue to not migrate right now is to deal with the e-mail and domain situation.

Since the XF Cloud doesn't have inbuild e-mail system, there is any service that XF can recommend?

After that, we are good to go.
I use mxroute for one year now and i have no issues. Its cheap and very easy to config

Reactions: HWS
How can I fix Microsoft blocking all emails when Xenforo Cloud is a managed service?
I had the same problem. Unfortunately, this is something that can happen with new email servers.
XF support is working on this, but in the meantime I decided to use my own SMTP (mxroute).
There was one problem, that we couldn't specify our own bounce/unsubscribe and message signing when choosing our own SMTP.
This was resolved very quickly by the developers, so we are still very happy with the total service!

Is this hard to implement (for a novice)?
If you want to use your own domain for mailing, then I would yes, it's not easy.
You'll have to deal with setting up some dns records like spf,dmarc and dkim and do some other configurations like setting up a catch all for unsubscribe and bounce mails.

If you want to use your own domain for mailing, then I would yes, it's not easy.
You'll have to deal with setting up some dns records like spf,dmarc and dkim and do some other configurations like setting up a catch all for unsubscribe and bounce mails.

Tbh I went for the managed solution to avoid all that.

Top Bottom