Other XenForo App for both ios and android under developing

Faster in what sense? I am getting instant push notifications...

Faster to load everything, less overhead with native code pulling relevant data via the API. There's one less abstraction layer (browser rendering engine, which is über slow and memory hungry in comparison). Check system usage when you use the Tapatalk app vs browsing the page on Chrome, also enable "GPU rendering speed profiling" on Android while browsing native vs Chrome, and watch how it continually spikes on Chrome while you load and scroll through pages.

But let's not have a long discussion about pros/cons in this thread. This has been discussed so many times before. Some people prefer native, some don't see it as necessary at all. That's fine, but this thread is about a native app for Android+iOS.

Last edited:
I'm also very curious about the progress @truonglv as I'm leaving Tapatalk. Hoping my users won't kill me for this :eek:
Will this be an app that is generally available in the app store, so forum users can use this app to connect to every xenForo install? Kinda like Tapatalk.
Or will this be an app that a site owner can customize and upload to the store as a dedicated app for his own forum (with all the required development accounts)?

I'm also very curious about the progress @truonglv as I'm leaving Tapatalk. Hoping my users won't kill me for this :eek:
Will this be an app that is generally available in the app store, so forum users can use this app to connect to every xenForo install? Kinda like Tapatalk.
Or will this be an app that a site owner can customize and upload to the store as a dedicated app for his own forum (with all the required development accounts)?

Try and see if they'll settle for browser based push notifications. That's one of the reasons our users prefer the Tapatalk client vs browsing.

It's a shame Apple won't support it though.

I tried out a customised implementation of this today - it was actually quite nice!

Felt modern and clean, with a clear focus on groups and a Facebook like newsfeed on launch vs the standard forum node structure. So not 100% sure how it would look for a normal forum.

I didn’t thoroughly test it as it’s a live Vietnamese community, but it certainly seems promising with continued development and improvements.

Hello Developers,

I am working on XenForo App (iOS and Android) which using React Native. The project has started some days. It's will be free for all board owners :D

There are some details:

XenForo version support:
  • 1.5.x
  • 2.x.x
Requirement: The forum must be install this add-on: https://github.com/xfrocks/bdApi (available for both XenForo versions)

XenForo modules support:
  • XenForo Resource Manager (in idea)
  • XenForo Media Gallery (in idea)
Third Parties add-on support:
  • Currently no add-on in list
XenForo Theming support: In idea this app will allow board owners custom their app through Admin page :D (So coool :eek::eek:)

So I create this thread to invite all developers who will contribute to develop this app and make it faster processing :D

Hello @truonglv,

Check out this project : https://xenforo.com/community/resou...d-and-ios-appify-mobi-xenforo-2-0-2-1-🔥.7090/

Full react native, but a lot of work remaining according to user's feedbacks.

Maybe we could collaborate together to make this huge project popular ?
What do you think ?

Best regards,
Jean-Baptiste

The forum owner must be manual upload to store. Each app only connect to single XenForo installation.

Last time I tested another mobile app, it looked very good. However, when really using it there was a ton of bugs and it needed so many improvements.
For example, the message view in your video looks a bit dated. It could use a more cleaner/modern look.
Have you tested the app on other forums beside your own forum?

Hello Guys,

This app have been released for a long time and now I very happy to bring to our major changes UI in next version.

Any suggestion are welcomed.

Thank you :D

Attachments

• ConversationChat.webp
    ConversationChat.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Conversations.webp
    Conversations.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Forums.webp
    Forums.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Home.webp
    Home.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Profile.webp
    Profile.webp
    57.5 KB · Views: 42
  • ThreadView.webp
    ThreadView.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 41
implement your own push service in the application, without the participation of a third-party resource such as onesignal.

Top Bottom