1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Cometchat IOS and Android App

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by shimabuku, Jan 16, 2015.

1. shimabuku

shimabuku Member

At first I had a few issues with cometchat after installation but followed the tips from the below thread and got cometchat working on my site with memcache.

However, the IOS and Android app does not work. Keeps giving me “Username and password do not match”. I know cometchat is not supported here but I just wanted to know if any other xenforo users encountered this issue. I have submitted a ticket with cometchat support and all they stated was this.

I am totally confused lol. My chatlogin.php contains.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

$userid 0;
        if (
    filter_var($userNameFILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL)) {
    $sql = ("SELECT * FROM `".TABLE_PREFIX.DB_USERTABLE."` WHERE email ='".$userName."'");
        } else {
    $sql = ("SELECT * FROM `".TABLE_PREFIX.DB_USERTABLE."` WHERE user_name ='".$userName."'");
    $result mysqli_query($GLOBALS['dbh'],$sql);
    $row mysqli_fetch_assoc($result);
    $database_password $row['password'];
    $hash hash_hmac("sha256"$password$row['salt']);

$hash == $database_password) {   //please encrypt the $password to copmare with the encrypted password in database
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You'll need to direct any questions to CometChat.

Also please don't use the code you showed here in production. There are some really clear vulnerabilities with it (SQL injection).
    Liam W, Luke F and Alfa1 like this.
  3. shimabuku

shimabuku Member

Thanks Mike! I know that I would need to direct any questions to CometChat but I just wanted to know if any fellow xenforo users experienced this issue and hopefully they could chime in.